+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: They Paved Paradise

I'm Tony.

Gah! You’re just a bunch of grumpy old farts!

There’s always something new and good going on. If you don’t want to find it, you’ll succeed every time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A mainly digital setup with a musical amplifier and endearing 1970's speakers. A CD player that hardly ever gets used and a turntable that is good enough to remind my how enjoyable my old vinyl is. Some cables and things.

I'm Steve.

We know this, we just like a bit of a moan sometimes. Every day.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A mainly digital setup with a musical amplifier and endearing 1970's speakers. A CD player that hardly ever gets used and a turntable that is good enough to remind my how enjoyable my old vinyl is. Some cables and things.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Oh yes you can ! They did it on 'Mythbusters'. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiJ9fy1qSFI
    I know, I saw that one. Didn't look like a regular turd though. They'd struggle to do that with one of mine.

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm Geoff.

Yeah. They'd probably just end up going through the motions.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Yeah. They'd probably just end up going through the motions.
    The old ones are the best!

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I don't know. It just seems to me that today it is all contrived whereas back then it was just the outpourings of really talented people and the difference is pretty marked to me.
    And couldn't Joni outpour! She could outpour for Canada and the US... Before I get torced by the rest of the forum I do rate her as one of the most (.if not the most) musically talented artists of the 60/70's but she did go on a bit. I have most of her early albums and I had to stop listening to them for a while as they just made me morose; more ose than normal anyway. Her later stuff was much weaker I thought jumping on bandwagons left right and centre. Feel sorry for her now, she's in a poor way.
    Last edited by Len Co; 08-08-2018 at 21:33.

I'm Martin.

She can be too much in large doses man. But that really is the strength of it. Talented producer too.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm joe.

As Joe Walsh put it: I can't complain/But sometimes I still do.'

Or, as Nigel Blackwell of HMHB put it: 'Friday night and I just love complaining/And no, I haven't got anything better to do,'

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

There really isn't much quality in the mainstream these days, Max Bygraves must be turning in his grave.
    Was Joni Mitchell ever mainstream and has there ever been high quality in mainstream music? (agree about Blue too Martin).

I just spent the weekend at Cambridge Folk Festival and was astounded by the quality of the music - highlights were Patti Smith, Eric Bibb, Rhiannon Giddens, Rosanne Cash, John Prine, Robert Vincent, Yola Carter, Birds of Chicago, Bella Collins and so, so many more. None of those are mainstream . . . it's all out there, you just have to find it.

Oh, I don't think Adele is all that either, just in case anyone was wondering
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast