+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tannoy crossover replament; where to buy?

I'm Norman.

Default Tannoy crossover replament; where to buy?

I have a lovely set of Tannoy Berkeley's which I listen to every day.

The original crossovers have been rebuild with new components some years ago but at that time it was obvious the PCB's where in a poor state.

That is why the part for the woofer have been moved to a separate "PCB".

As the switches for the RollOn/RollOf are also bad I think it is time to replace these ancient crossovers.

As my Berkeley cabinets have been modified the crossovers are located on the back so a replacement is easy to do.

The main question is where to buy new ones?

On eBay there are two sellers who sell these but they both claim to be "the best in town"

Pair new 'ESA' Crossovers for Tannoy Monitor HPD385 HPD315 with ESA ClarityCaps by amocomcrossovers.

Pair A Series speaker crossover crossovers TANNOY Silver Red Gold HPD by mainlytannoy.

I'm wondering if anyone here has any experience with one of these?
    Linn Majik DSM/2, Cambridge CD CXC, IOM classic, Tannoy "Langley"

I'm ROGER.

I'm Geoff.

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    +1 for Paul Coupe at RFC
    "lack of passion is fatal"

Vinyl: Thorens TD-124mk2 / SME-312 Aluminium 'special' / SME M2-9R / STEREO: Etsuro Urushi Cobalt / Shure M3D / Ortofon SPU A95 / Cartridge Man Music Master / Shure - SC35C (US) / SAEC C3 MC MONO: Miyajima Zero B 0.7mil mono / Miyajima Premium 1.0 / Amps & SUTs: Radford STA25 mk3 / AD Audio 'Satchmo2' pre & LCR phono / Hashimoto HM-7 SUT / ETR-MONO SUT Digital: Audio Note 4.1 (with DAC5 upgrades) DAC / Roon / Tidal Speakers: Tannoy 12" MGs' in RFC custom 'Rutland' Cabinets with RFC crossovers / Tannoy ST-100 Super Tweeters Cables: LFD Grainless phono / RFC Mercury / Duelund DCA16GA tinned copper / Kimber 12TC / SW1X Audio Design USB-SPdif / Duelund DCA20GA interconnects / SW1X Audio SPDIF Aero 6 / Mains Power Conditioner / Box Furniture rack / Audiodesk Systeme Vinyl Cleaner / a very beautiful & understanding Wife!

I'm Mike.

I've ordered a set from Paul as I figured he knows his stuff and I wanted the best

montesquieu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post
    I've ordered a set from Paul as I figured he knows his stuff and I wanted the best
    Absolutely the best decision.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by montesquieu View Post
    Absolutely the best decision.
    Just as long as the boss doesn't see the invoice I should live long enough to hear them

I'm tony.

Mike go covert...smuggle the crossovers in, treat her to a spa day (cause shes worth it!)-get busy installing them when shes away.

Deny everything!!!

Let us know how they settle in-reckon with the refurbed drivers now coming on song you could get something special!!!

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by wee tee cee View Post
    Mike go covert...smuggle the crossovers in, treat her to a spa day (cause shes worth it!)-get busy installing them when shes away.

Deny everything!!!

Let us know how they settle in-reckon with the refurbed drivers now coming on song you could get something special!!!
    Don't worry, I'm so covert even the SAS can't find me

External A4 size boxes won't be easy but those Berkeley cabinets can hide ALL sorts of stuff

I'm Rohan.

Quote Originally Posted by WESTLOWER View Post
    +1 for Paul Coupe at RFC
    Yep. I didn't even get any work done by Paul but he offered reams of helpful advice via email, top bloke.
    And his reputation speaks for itself.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast