+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 15 years ain't too bad

Default 15 years ain't too bad

I have had a Beresford 7510 DAC for 15 years or so and used it daily. It is always powered up. Yesterday the standard power supply failed.

Now 15 years ain't to bad!

Now by chance I had to hand a Maplin Power Supply

And on the side of the box I had scrawled "Beresford DAC". I plugged it in and off went the StanDAC!

I remember now. I did use the larger Maplins Power supply for a short time ago, but it disappeared nine years ago in a house move. I found it in a suitcase just a couple of weeks ago, so it was ready for the rescue yesterday. Now wasn't that fortuitous?

But to Stan, I say thank you for his reliable products. As I said, I have used the 7510 daily for 15 years - well six month's a year. The other six months a year we spend in Cyprus where I have an original Caimen with Gator Board upgrade.

I must say, both Stan's Dacs have and do serve me very well. Thanks again, Stan.
    Last edited by Labarum; 07-08-2018 at 07:48.
    Brian

In Southampton: Raspberry Pi 4 running PiCorePlayer, Beresford Caiman SEG, Quad 77 Int Amp and CD Player, AVI Neutron 4, Sennheiser HD25 headphones.
    In Nicosia: Small Format HTPC, Beresford 7520 ,Quad 405-2, Quart 980s German Tower Loudspeakers.

I'm Gary.

Can’t disagree with any of that, big fan of Stan’s Dac’s here.
    Very tweakable and respond well to a good power supply.
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

That's what happens when I build my DACs to be so reliable. Repeat sales then become hard to find...

Quote Originally Posted by StanleyB View Post
    That's what happens when I build my DACs to be so reliable. Repeat sales then become hard to find...
    I am trying for you, Stan!

Buy Beresford!
    Brian

In Southampton: Raspberry Pi 4 running PiCorePlayer, Beresford Caiman SEG, Quad 77 Int Amp and CD Player, AVI Neutron 4, Sennheiser HD25 headphones.
    In Nicosia: Small Format HTPC, Beresford 7520 ,Quad 405-2, Quart 980s German Tower Loudspeakers.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Seconded. Bought a SEG which gives little or nothing away to the 2k+ Mytek Brooklyn I had before, only thing I miss is the remote control. :-)
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

+ Reply to Thread