+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS Sennheiser HD650 headphones

I'm Ian.

Default FS Sennheiser HD650 headphones

Selling my HD650 headphones, they are in as new condition complete with a 3 metre cable terminated with a 3.5mm jack and all original packaging. They are nicely run in and sound very natural. They are extremely comfortable and light, good for long sessions of listening. I'm looking for £170 including postage or £160 collected from RH20, no charge for tea or coffee.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    Turntable
    Toshiba SR-370/Mission 774/Van Damme cable with MS Starline plugs/Ortofon Quintet Black
    CD
    Cambridge CXC transport/modified Musical Fidelity X-DAC/modified Musical Fidelity X-10 V3 tube buffer
    Network Player
    Cambridge NP30
    Amplifier
    Denon HA-500 head amp/Nakamichi CA-5E pre-amp/Chinese passive RVC/Proton AA-1150 DMC power amp
    Speakers
    Mordaunt Short Signifer on original factory stands
    Cables
    Mogami with Rean Neutrik plugs/NVA LS5
    Headphones
    Sennheiser HD600/Sennheiser HD650/Koss Pro4 AA

I'm Vince.

Bargain, stunning headphones. I would have them but I have the HD800. The 650 are beautiful sounding, musical, accurate and you can listen to them for hours. I forgot to mention they are also extremely comfortable even on mammoth listening sessions. Glws

I'm Spencer.

I've been thinking of getting a set of these for a while, as an alternative to my B&W P7 closed. Could you give a view as to how usable these are in the same room as someone i.e. the wife watching television? Do they leak much sound/let sound in? I am aware some open-backs are more usable than others, Audeze LCD-2 lasted an evening here....

lovely condition btw

I'm Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by Spenagio View Post
    I've been thinking of getting a set of these for a while, as an alternative to my B&W P7 closed. Could you give a view as to how usable these are in the same room as someone i.e. the wife watching television? Do they leak much sound/let sound in? I am aware some open-backs are more usable than others, Audeze LCD-2 lasted an evening here....

lovely condition btw
    Hi Spencer,
    In all honesty I would say that they would probably be a bit too " leaky " if you were near to Mrs S but not bad if you were a few feet away, say sitting across the room. I guess the very nature of open back headphones will always leak sound, in saying that I have heard worse than the 650's.
    I hope that helps.
    Turntable
    Toshiba SR-370/Mission 774/Van Damme cable with MS Starline plugs/Ortofon Quintet Black
    CD
    Cambridge CXC transport/modified Musical Fidelity X-DAC/modified Musical Fidelity X-10 V3 tube buffer
    Network Player
    Cambridge NP30
    Amplifier
    Denon HA-500 head amp/Nakamichi CA-5E pre-amp/Chinese passive RVC/Proton AA-1150 DMC power amp
    Speakers
    Cables
    Headphones

I'm simon.

classic headphones these and, judging by pics , well looked after
    DIGITAL:flac/pc/foobar/wasapi>Chord Qutest> Frans' (Solderdude) headphone correction filter>Violectric V200>Senn HD650, Beyer DT1990
    >or Garage 1217 Project Ember (as pre)>Rega Elex-R>Dynaudio M10.
    ANALOGUE: Rega P8>Rega Aria> Rega Elex-R>Dynaudio M10

I'm Spencer.

Thank you Ian, an honest view. Will see if I can try out locally

I'm Mike.

Might be useful to get my two penn'orth in. I've had 650s for years, but didn't realise how good they are until I changed (my kit and) my headphone amp. The latter is essential, b.t.w. 'Er indoors, with 20/20 hearing, sits on the same sofa watching TV whilst I agitate the wax in my ears at fair volume, as I am partially Mutt 'n Jeff. Absolutely no prob's. On occasion when I say 'listen to that piece' or whatever, I can't hear anything when they're on her head.

Open-backed cans are generally thought to be much better at imaging and similar presentational aspects. The 650s are very comfortable and I wear them for most dramas on TV, so for hours on end without discomfort (and I'm 77). They were in production for many years, for a very good reason, and are considered by many to be among the most neutral and musical, if bordering on the darker side (as opposed to 800s). All you need to do is research all the forum (i.e. personal) experiences on Google. it'll also give you an idea of the best can amp's for them (of which there are many).

I'm Ian.

You've summed them up perfectly Mike, I really do like them and I'm slightly torn between them and my HD600s. If they don't sell here I think I'll keep them along with the 600s and my vintage Koss Pro4 which sound lovely but are not the most comfortable cans in the world.
    Turntable
    CD
    Network Player
    Cambridge NP30
    Amplifier
    Speakers
    Cables
    Headphones

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian7633 View Post
    ... and my vintage Koss Pro4 which sound lovely but are not the most comfortable cans in the world.
    Surely not the Pro4As (as I remember; could be wrong) which I had a bank of about 3 in my heady London days of 1970 ? Can't believe they'd be viable nowadays.

I'm Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Reed View Post
    Surely not the Pro4As (as I remember; could be wrong) which I had a bank of about 3 in my heady London days of 1970 ? Can't believe they'd be viable nowadays.
    That's the ones, these are late 70s vintage in immaculate condition, all original and I've even got the box they retailed in. They are really heavy compared to modern cans but sound very warm and full, top end detail is pretty good too.
    Turntable
    CD
    Network Player
    Cambridge NP30
    Amplifier
    Speakers
    Cables
    Headphones

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast