+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: FS: Tannoy Cheviots HPD 12"

I'm Geoff.

This thread does not look as though it is heading anywhere good. It may need closing if the 'inquest' over the sale continues.

I'm stuart.

Don't think there is such a thing as etiquette to selling, seller can sell to whoever he wants - 1st, 2nd or 100th person to send a PM.
    If I'm selling something and more than 1 person has shown an interest I'll sell to the person who I thinks easiest to deal with and that may be because I've dealt with them before, they live nearby, they'll come and collect or a whole host of other reasons. This isn't ebay.

I'm Mike.

Not everyone sits on their pc or phone to be able to respond?

Surely they can sell to whom ever they like I would have thought.

In this stagnant market, a satisfactory firm offer is king.

F*** first dibs or first pm, no such thing in my book, had too many offers of can you keep it until next week /month only to be let down and by the time other potential buyers see the item back on the market they've bought something else.

The pms in question were highlighted at 19hrs and reply in thread to add more info was at 18hrs, they then were said to have been sold at 14hrs, don't see the issue myself. As far as I can see they're was more than enough info in that reply to do a deal.

Sour grapes/moans should be done by pm as far as I'm concerned too.

Anyway this is a sale thread, which due to the public moan is going to head south sometime soon and need locking

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by killie99 View Post
    Don't think there is such a thing as etiquette to selling, seller can sell to whoever he wants - 1st, 2nd or 100th person to send a PM.
    If I'm selling something and more than 1 person has shown an interest I'll sell to the person who I thinks easiest to deal with and that may be because I've dealt with them before, they live nearby, they'll come and collect or a whole host of other reasons. This isn't ebay.
    Too right

I'm Andrew.

Having dealt with Roger I can say that he was one of the easiest and most pleasurable to deal with .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by andyrlb View Post
    Having dealt with Roger I can say that he was one of the easiest and most pleasurable to deal with .

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post
    Not everyone sits on their pc or phone to be able to respond?

Surely they can sell to whom ever they like I would have thought.

In this stagnant market, a satisfactory firm offer is king.

F*** first dibs or first pm, no such thing in my book, had too many offers of can you keep it until next week /month only to be let down and by the time other potential buyers see the item back on the market they've bought something else.

The pms in question were highlighted at 19hrs and reply in thread to add more info was at 18hrs, they then were said to have been sold at 14hrs, don't see the issue myself. As far as I can see they're was more than enough info in that reply to do a deal.

Sour grapes/moans should be done by pm as far as I'm concerned too.

Anyway this is a sale thread, which due to the public moan is going to head south sometime soon and need locking

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123