+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Educate me please , Who has a quality dac / streeming setup ?

Bigman80 Guest

Ok mate, when Im back off the hols ill have a look, nice to have digital replay even if it's a secondary source.
    Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    dont think thats needed in volumio. I noticed a wifi bit in the setup section.. looked to be just a couple of entries on the tablet in volumio. nothing painful.(again im talking rpi3)which is the latest. windiskimager is used to image the card from your pc. its pretty straightforward and does it all for you

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratmangler View Post
    piCorePlayer doesn't need a bit of work to get it to work. I had pCP working in under 15 minutes.
    I had an issue in my setup, and that was working out how to get it to address the library on my NAS.
    A HDD is not difficult to do.
    My apologies Chris. i have the card imaged but when i looked at the setup it looked like i needed to do some ssh or whatever its called. Will need to try and look again. I did a kodi noobs card last night but think that needs to be worked too( said to just copy the noobs folders to the card and run the kodi in the screen, but it looks like it has to be connected to a monitor and keyboard to start it off)..maybe should bypass the noobs bit and image the card myself
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Ok mate, when Im back off the hols ill have a look, nice to have digital replay even if it's a secondary source.
    There is a small learn curve if you have not done anything like it before but after that its not hard as long as you dont need to use a keyboard.(not saying the keyboard bit is hard but its an extra level)
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Looks tidy enough. That WiFi looks a ball ache. Can it be done by plugging it in to a laptop?
    think initially it would need an ethernet connection but sure the set up guide will say. it could be initially placed near the router. it wouldnt need to be connected to your amp at that stage anyway. once wifi is set up the ethernet is disconnected and you can move it to its position.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Bigman80 Guest

Fair enough. Like I say, I'll probably give it a whirl but not for a few weeks yet. How bad can it be???????

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

My apologies Chris. i have the card imaged but when i looked at the setup it looked like i needed to do some ssh or whatever its called. Will need to try and look again. I did a kodi noobs card last night but think that needs to be worked too( said to just copy the noobs folders to the card and run the kodi in the screen, but it looks like it has to be connected to a monitor and keyboard to start it off)..maybe should bypass the noobs bit and image the card myself
    Forget the SSH stuff - you can manage the RasPi running piCorePlayer from any web browser - you just need to know what the Pi's IP address is, which you can get by looking at your router's connected devices list.
    Once you know that you can make the Pi do back flips.

LMS can be reached using the same IP address with :9000 on the end.

The rest of it takes a little bit of time working out what's relevant to what you want to do, and you always need to bear one thing in mind - the guys that write the code have been doing it for a long time.
    This stuff is designed to be reliable!

The BBC iPlayer app is fully functional and rock solid.
    The Spotty app works superbly well, and just requires an active Premium account to work (as do all the other off site streaming services).
    The Radio Paradise FLAC stream sounds just wonderful.
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratmangler View Post
    Forget the SSH stuff - you can manage the RasPi running piCorePlayer from any web browser - you just need to know what the Pi's IP address is, which you can get by looking at your router's connected devices list.
    Once you know that you can make the Pi do back flips.

LMS can be reached using the same IP address with :9000 on the end.

The rest of it takes a little bit of time working out what's relevant to what you want to do, and you always need to bear one thing in mind - the guys that write the code have been doing it for a long time.
    This stuff is designed to be reliable!

The BBC iPlayer app is fully functional and rock solid.
    The Spotty app works superbly well, and just requires an active Premium account to work (as do all the other off site streaming services).
    The Radio Paradise FLAC stream sounds just wonderful.
    will plug it in next time i'm fit enough Chris and see how far i get.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Edward.

One thing I've played with is Daphile.

Does everything in a super slick way. Pretty open ended so is flexible for different setups.

And great sound ....

And best of all the cost is very low - free, zilch, nada, nowt, zero. That will appeal to the OP.

Just needs a low cost computer such as a NUC.

I've also heard good reports on Roon Rock. Software is free but one needs to buy a normal Roon licence.
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

will plug it in next time i'm fit enough Chris and see how far i get.
    That's more like it
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm Mike.

Takes less than 15 minutes to put your Pi and dac together. Less if you don't have a case for it and Volumio 2 can be set up in 5 minutes once you've put it on a mSD card.

I really must do a video to show how simple it is, it's less fiddly than setting up a TT and less to break too

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast