+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: Educate me please , Who has a quality dac / streeming setup ?

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    Exactly.

It was much better with music ripped from CD using EAC, being output with ASIO enabled.
    I mainly listen to my own CDs ripped to FLAC using the excellent DbPoweramp. For steaming I have a Tidal (Master Quality) account combined with high bitrate internet radio stations (320k and upwards). All of these sources are very high quality.

Geoff

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Was there other versions for selection of the output. Might be better ones. Worth selecting different options. I don't know if you go with macs tho u get various ones in windoz. Also the software program sometimes has different output levels. Spotty is fairly loud. Deezer is louder still. Tidal quieter if it's a stream from one of those check the bit rate output
    With jriver you can increase things a bit with some advanced settings

You might find the optical best tho
    No, no other settings Grant just the internal speakers or an output to the dac, MacBook Pros are pretty easy to use settings wise so you can't really go wrong.

I think optical will be better for me and more convenient but I'd have to buy a longer cable cause I use the MBP all of the time when I'm in the lounge and the hi-fi is at the opposite side of the room but I can airplay to the ATV and do that way, loads of options, I downloaded the Paradise Radio apps for the ATV and my phone, works beautifully with both. Great radio station that BTW.

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by Audio Al View Post
    Mike , lots of member have offered lots of advice , Dont think I have thanked every one of them , SORRY EVERYONE

My head is spinning with all the modern files type music I did get the DAC 3 working eventually but the sound I am getting is poor why ? who knows , maybe its iTunes maybe its Amazon , maybe its me not setting things correctly

What happeed to plug and play ?

Doh !

Allen use your Mac it really is a doddle with one mate.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
    I mainly listen to my own CDs ripped to FLAC using the excellent DbPoweramp. For steaming I have a Tidal (Master Quality) account combined with high bitrate internet radio stations (320k and upwards). All of these sources are very high quality.

Geoff
    Very similar to myself, although I don't use Tidal. We're a Spotify family.

Plenty decent radio stations @ 320kbps, and I listen to a few at 128kbps that sound excellent too.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post
    Very similar to myself, although I don't use Tidal. We're a Spotify family.

Plenty decent radio stations @ 320kbps, and I listen to a few at 128kbps that sound excellent too.
    I was an early adopter of Spotify and was very happy with it.

...... until I took advantage of a Tidal trial offer. There was no way back after that!

Geoff

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
    I was an early adopter of Spotify and was very happy with it.

...... until I took advantage of a Tidal trial offer. There was no way back after that!

Geoff
    I like Tidal but with 5 others in my family using my family sub for Spotify it's not worth adding to the monthly cost with Tidal as well.

I'm Mike.

Mind you I see the Tidal Hifi family sub is $29.99 which is only £8 more than I'm paying for the Spotify family sub.

I have a US Tidal account so I might try it out again and see if I can convert the kids

I'm Tony.

Tried a trial account with Qobuz' hifi service recently and although I was impressed by the sound quality, I found two issues which put me off pretty quickly. 1. The IOS app is a pain in the arse, sluggish and seems to be a resource hog. 2. The number of albums which were not available for streaming! No. 2 was the biggest surprise, and it always seemed to be the albums I was most keen hearing in CD quality too. :-)

I'm happy to pay the better part of £30 pm if I know that the majority of the music I want to stream is available, but if they can't guarantee at least 80% then I'm going to stick to what I'm doing now.. paying £9.99pm for Spotify Premium as a 'scouting' service (as it's catalogue seems the most comprehensive so far), then buy second-hand CDs and rip FLAC files to my NAS box locally (with the additional benefit of having 'backup media' I can store in a wallet).

This process is as really quite straightforward and doesn't really involve too much faffing about once it's up and running.

• PC (In my case a Macbook Pro) is used to manage the media library and rip FLAC files via WiFi to the NAS (Network Attached Storage)
    • NAS sits attached by wire to the both the router and the RPi/DAC
    • RPi/DAC - connected to Amplifier

The RPi/DAC in this case is an Allo BOSS - bought as a plug and play solution directly from Allo with Volumio2 preinstalled! The only pain involved was giving it an IP Address and linking it to the NAS media (all of which is well documented).

If you want to make it simpler, just put some FLAC files on a USB drive, plug it into the RPi/Allo Boss running Volumio and off you go...
    A mainly digital setup with a musical amplifier and endearing 1970's speakers. A CD player that hardly ever gets used and a turntable that is good enough to remind my how enjoyable my old vinyl is. Some cables and things.

I'm Grant.

seemed a bit french on web page so decided not to take trial. Spotify premium and Deezer hifi are my 2 favorites
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    seemed a bit french on web page so decided not to take trial. Spotify premium and Deezer hifi are my 2 favorites
    Sacre Bleu

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast