+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Educate me please , Who has a quality dac / streeming setup ?

I'm Justin.

BubbleUPnP is in the Play store. Download and play with it!

It does require a bit of setting up and understanding, though.

I'm Edward.

Quote Originally Posted by User211 View Post
    Wi-Fi plug is a Kasa. I have three of them. The other two do the telly and coffee machine. I am not aware of any wi-fi plug power output limitations.

UPnP is a protocol most modern televisions understand. The streaming is via my home wi-fi from phone to telly.

When I play tracks the telly shows which track is playing. The telly is set to output via optical (no other option actually).

My laptop is wired to the telly via HDMI. Same optical out from the telly when using this link. I actually think it sounds better than the USB direct from laptop to DAC, which is why I don't use the USB.

All connection methods have only a very marginal difference in SQ.

BTW you can use the TIDAL mobile app or BubbleUPnP's interface to TIDAL streams to play tracks. They both have great interfaces, but it is easier to use BubbleUPnP, as it takes more steps to play something via the TIDAL ap.

I use BubbleUPnP with three of my 4 TVs. So something similar works in my 2nd hi-fi system.

I can turn on a play music in my main listening room from anywhere in the house without going in there. Cool. And all for f all cost, really.
    Ha! Sounds like you are far more automated than I am Justin. I'm only part way there of achieving full couch potato status.

Joking aside there are lots of things one can do these days. For example with Roon you can transfer music to any of ones 'zones'. So for example I can transfer an album playing via the DAC to the TV or to a Google Home device - or combine compatible zones. I love the way one can simply move the playing of say a youtube video from the phone to the TV - that is not stream from the phone but initiate a new youtube session on the TV and then use either the TV control or the phone to control playback (all with just a couple of clicks). Not got into wifi plugs as yet - for fear of being accused by the family of being a 100% nerd (rather than currently a 65% nerd ).
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Wi-Fi plug is a Kasa. I have three of them. The other two do the telly and coffee machine. I am not aware of any wi-fi plug power output limitations
    You're advocating the use of home plugs!
    Why?
    Have you got any idea how much RFI shit those things spray over the surrounding mains?
    They really are the work of The Devil, bundled up in a package of convenience.

If you want to hook things up on network get proper ethernet installed.
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratmangler View Post
    Why?
    Have you got any idea how much RFI shit those things spray over the surrounding mains?

They are handy for the disabled. I have one I have to admit to it cant say Ive noticed any issues with it but not saying there isnt any. It lets me switch on my 2 power amps and pre/dac remotely from chair. I can then play music to it via the wifi without moving
    If I was fit I wouldnt likely use one tho.....or would I?
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Justin.

Why?

I was waiting for that.

I detect no SQ difference at all between using it or not. None. Zero. Zilsch.

And yes I was aware which is why I did the test.

I'm Justin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    They are handy for the disabled. I have one I have to admit to it cant say Ive noticed any issues with it but not saying there isnt any. It lets me switch on my 2 power amps and pre/dac remotely from chair. I can then play music to it via the wifi without moving
    If I was fit I wouldnt likely use one tho.....or would I?
    They are essential when your coffee machine is two floors down in the morning and takes 10 minutes to warm up when you need to get out of the house!!!

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

I was waiting for that.

I detect no SQ difference at all between using it or not. None. Zero. Zilsch.

And yes I was aware which is why I did the test.
    As long as you're aware of it ....
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm Justin.

I did put something badly, though. BubbleUPnP talks DLNA, which is what televisions understand.

Tired after a long day

I'm Kevin.

Why?

These plugs don’t use internet over mains. They are a WiFi controlled switch.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Justin.

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    These plugs don’t use internet over mains. They are a WiFi controlled switch.
    Yeah that's right.

In reality I can't see they are a problem apart from being 2.4 GHz transceivers close to the mains but not actually wired into it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415