+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone heard an Etsuro urushi cartridge?

I'm Nari.

Quote Originally Posted by YNWaN View Post
    There are two versions, a blue and a red. The only difference I am aware of is the red has a sapphire mounting plate, and costs a few thousand more.
    Yes the Cobolt and the beaudaux I got to hear both I was rather shocked the red one is much richer and fuller but with great detail. They are made by excel the people who manufacture the hanna and many others who have a good reputation.

Buying cartridges at this price is always daunting and no way represent value for money but what to do they are part of the vinyl playback chain.

https://www.analogplanet.com/content...nd-corporation

I'm Mike.

Ive heard this at a couple of shows where Guy S from Puresound was demo-ing....He was distributing these?

In the context of a fairly unfamiliar system I thought that it sounded great...

Ive read somewhere that there is a bit more to the difference than just the sapphire mounting plate so not surprised that the resulting differences are more than expected....
    StSt Motus DQ + SME 312 'MB Special'
    Transfix Axia / HM7
    Art Audio Vinyl 1 Ref
    Modified Mac Mini/Weiss DAC 202
    SJS Model 2
    BP P20 (SJS upgraded)
    Trenner and Friedl RA
    [/SIZE]

I'm Nari.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Adams View Post
    Ive heard this at a couple of shows where Guy S from Puresound was demo-ing....He was distributing these?

In the context of a fairly unfamiliar system I thought that it sounded great...

Ive read somewhere that there is a bit more to the difference than just the sapphire mounting plate so not surprised that the resulting differences are more than expected....
    The two cartridges are quite different the Cobolt a bit faster and precise the Bordeaux is fuller and more solid with greater depth I decided this evening to go ahead and will get mine tomorrow as they are in stock supposed to be a good match for the V-12 arm so will git it a go in that first. Ridiculous amount of money for a cartridge really its also a worry as with any cartridge how much sample variation is there. I owned a lyra atlas did not like it at all I got a replacement the second one sounded very very different. I have had two Dynavector Cartridges sound very different too. Excel do have a excellent reputation so hopefully it will sound as good as what I heard.

http://www.avshowrooms.com/etsuro-ur...cartridge.html

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12