+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: What turntable floats ones boat?

I'm Stuart.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Got to say, for a thread I'd expect to have lots of pictures, it's seriously lacking!!

PICTURES!!!!
    Would like to oblige, bit of a hassle with the IPad though.
    However, a trip (involves registration) over to www.tapeheads.net ought to provide many images of contemporary turntables etc., just go to the pair of turntable galleries, #2 is the most up to date and there are tonearm and cartridge sections as well.

I prefer the look of a turntable that has a compact footprint and is understated, so my choices, both Swiss designs, are the Lumen White Mystere with either a Bluelectric Altair or Breuer Dynamics 8C tonearm. Alternatively, the Thales TTT Compact II sporting their new statement arm would do just fine. The De Baer Saphir/Onyx combination looks intriguing too.

Larger tables that do not look as if they’ve been to the gym but still hold great appeal are the Swedish Disc Rotator deck and the American Wave Kinetics NVS Reference

Also have a hankering for a new idler design and the British made SMD Acoustics V2.0 fits the bill very nicely.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by td_100 View Post
    Still love my Oxford Crystal Reference (wall mounted) definitely a step up from my previous Linn Sondek I owned. Always loved the look of Michell Orb & Gyrodecks. One of the nicest Ihave heard was a Lumley Stratosphere
    Ah! Nice looking spinner there. Very eye-catching.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by stuartypoorty View Post
    Would like to oblige, bit of a hassle with the IPad though.
    However, a trip (involves registration) over to www.tapeheads.net ought to provide many images of contemporary turntables etc., just go to the pair of turntable galleries, #2 is the most up to date and there are tonearm and cartridge sections as well.

I prefer the look of a turntable that has a compact footprint and is understated, so my choices, both Swiss designs, are the Lumen White Mystere with either a Bluelectric Altair or Breuer Dynamics 8C tonearm. Alternatively, the Thales TTT Compact II sporting their new statement arm would do just fine. The De Baer Saphir/Onyx combination looks intriguing too.

Larger tables that do not look as if they’ve been to the gym but still hold great appeal are the Swedish Disc Rotator deck and the American Wave Kinetics NVS Reference

Also have a hankering for a new idler design and the British made SMD Acoustics V2.0 fits the bill very nicely.
    Isn't everyone using Tapatalk yet? So easy for pics.

I'm Terry.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Ah! Nice looking spinner there. Very eye-catching.
    Thanks, It maybe the only one in existence with the factory wall mount, I think only 3 were made, I may be wrong
    Terry

Oxford Crystal Reference
    Linn Ekos
    Lyra Lydian
    Audion Silver Note Monoblocks
    Impulse H6
    Pink Triangle Da Capo 24bit + PSU
    Pink Triangle Cardinal
    Michell ISO

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by td_100 View Post
    Thanks, It maybe the only one in existence with the factory wall mount, I think only 3 were made, I may be wrong
    Wow! A very exclusive club!

I'm Chris.

I always wanted a Goldring Lenco GL75.
    Turntable : Project 2 Xperience Tone Arm & Cartridge : Project 9c Ortofon 2M Blue Phono Stage : Project Phono Box SE II Digital Source :Primare CD21 Integrated Amp : Primare I30 Speakers : ProAc 110 Headphones : Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro

Revox A77 MK IV 2 track 15 & 7 1/2 IPS
    TEAC A-3300SX 4 track 7 1/2 & 3 3/4 IPS
    Akai 4000DS MkII

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Cas View Post
    I always wanted a Goldring Lenco GL75.
    They're nice. I've probably had a dozen of them over the last forty years. It's getting harder to find a decent original unmolested example these days.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm brian.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    They're nice. I've probably had a dozen of them over the last forty years. It's getting harder to find a decent original unmolested example these days.
    I ve got an unmolested GL75 that I purchased off Don ( donmarese ) on this forum. Its the H.M.V. version which was top dog in its day I believe with 5 hole idler, best head shell and superior
    chrome switches etc. And best of all its in mint condition with the wood and lid looking particularly stunning. I also have a chopped up version with mayware tonearm and Decca cart.
    Had various t/t before from the likes of Townshend, clear audio and Rega but Lenco most natural sounding for me.

I'm Mike.

I have a new Thorens TD-203 with their TP-82 uni-pivot tonearm and a Ortofon 2m Blue cartridge. I'm so impressed with the sound I now dream of the Thorens TD-309 with their TP-92 arm and Ortofon 2m Black as a meaningful upgrade.

I'm Chris.

Got the one I have always wanted, won on Ebay yesterday.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Turntable : Project 2 Xperience Tone Arm & Cartridge : Project 9c Ortofon 2M Blue Phono Stage : Project Phono Box SE II Digital Source :Primare CD21 Integrated Amp : Primare I30 Speakers : ProAc 110 Headphones : Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro

Revox A77 MK IV 2 track 15 & 7 1/2 IPS
    TEAC A-3300SX 4 track 7 1/2 & 3 3/4 IPS
    Akai 4000DS MkII

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast