+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: What turntable floats ones boat?

I'm Nari.

Quote Originally Posted by YNWaN View Post
    With the demise of BD Audio I’m not sure if anyone currently sells Verdier in the UK.
    Rather sad that the price of the verdier through BD audio was rather good too.

I'm Deleted.

Was it? 9K as I recall. If GT Audio decided to stop selling it there must have been a pretty good reason.
    Account Deleted

I'm Nari.

Was it? 9K as I recall. If GT Audio decided to stop selling it there must have been a pretty good reason.
    No it was much cheaper around 5/6k I have heard one many times its a good deck

I'm Deleted.

I’ve just checked; the more basic ‘Nouvelle Platine’ was £6,500.00 and the ‘La Platine’ was indeed £9,000.00. I’ve heard the more expensive model a number of times and agree it is a fine deck.
    Account Deleted

I'm Geoff.

I suspect I would be happy with an L-07D for ever.
    Main system: Sony TTS8000; AT1010; Audio Technica Art1; The Lentek; Cambridge 851n, Yamaha NS1000.
    System 2 - SBT; Technics SH-X1000 DAC; Denon PMA-850

I'm Nari.

I’ve just checked; the more basic ‘Nouvelle Platine’ was £6,500.00 and the ‘La Platine’ was indeed £9,000.00. I’ve heard the more expensive model a number of times and agree it is a fine deck.
    Maybe your right mark I thought Jack reduced the price at one point as he had no dealers to generate more sales, it then became a interesting proposition. I kind of remember him starting at the 9k mark but found them hard to sell. One of those and a sme m12r with a nice spu and bobs your uncle.

I'm Nari.

I found it Mark BD audio did reduce the price to £6000 for the platine and £4500 for the nouvelle seems very good value at that price I suppose a new distributor will put the price back up

https://hifiwigwam.com/forum/topic/9...erdier/?page=4

I'm Charlie.

Mark,

I suspect that it was probably due to the fact that few people in the UK are prepared to buy brand new high end hi-fi from a dealer, preferring instead to scour the second hand market. I doubt that many people on this forum or indeed any UK hi-fl forum would be willing to spend £9k on a TT motor unit. I bought mine as an ex demo unit from GT back in the 90s. The agricultural looks of the motor unit probably don't help either in today's WAF stakes. If Nari is serious about a PV, I imagine that GT might be able to supply a new PV and instal it in Knightsbridge (you need to make sure that the magnets are set up properly).

Charlie
    R2R: Studer A820 1/2 inch 2 track; Otari MTR-12 1/4 inch 2 track; Sony APR 5003; Sony APR 5002; Studer A807/II. Vinyl: Platine Verdier Allaerts MC1B/Schroeder Reference & Model 2 Decca C4E/Hadcock 228 TRON Seven Reference phono. Keith Monks MkII RCM Other analogue source: Nakamichi Dragon with ANT4066 mods. Amplification: TRON Meteor preamp TRON Voyager 20B SET power. Speakers: Avantgarde Duo. Digital: computing at last with Prism Sound Lyra 2 A2D converter

I'm Deleted.

Perhaps he did - I know he offered interest free credit on it and he must have paid that interest (so essentially a discount). With the remote motor pod it does need quite a lot of space and for some this would be a deal breaker.
    Account Deleted

I'm Nari.

Quote Originally Posted by topoxforddoc View Post
    Mark,

I suspect that it was probably due to the fact that few people in the UK are prepared to buy brand new high end hi-fi from a dealer, preferring instead to scour the second hand market. I doubt that many people on this forum or indeed any UK hi-fl forum would be willing to spend £9k on a TT motor unit. I bought mine as an ex demo unit from GT back in the 90s. The agricultural looks of the motor unit probably don't help either in today's WAF stakes. If Nari is serious about a PV, I imagine that GT might be able to supply a new PV and instal it in Knightsbridge (you need to make sure that the magnets are set up properly).

Charlie
    I am already heavily invested with my three decks the Micro Seiki 8000 and the EMT 927 and the sme sme 30/12. If I were in the market at that level I would consider one strongly as its a fine deck for the money.

I suspect that in the 90s and early 2000s when GT audio were selling them for £5500 the market was hard for turntables I know quite a few who have invested in serious rigs here in the uk. The gt battery power supply for the turntable certainly made it interesting. I am sure with the right kind of clients and enthusiastic approach they could be sold.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast