+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: What turntable floats ones boat?

I'm Nari.

Quote Originally Posted by p147 View Post
    The one that I own which is a Pioneer PL-90 Reference.
    Interesting turntable I presume you use the ceramic tonearm?

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Vrajbasi View Post
    Interesting turntable I presume you use the ceramic tonearm?
    Yes, the wand (Tonearm) is quite innovative and amazing, It is one of the main reasons I chose this deck.
    HI-FI SYSTEM:-
    Revox B250 Amp.
    Revox PR 99 mk2 R2R.
    Revox B126 C/D Player.
    Yamaha GT2000 T/Table with Shure MKIV Cartridge and Jeco VN-45HE SAS/R Stylus.
    Bang & Olufsen Beolab18's and the 19 Sub Speakers.

A/V 5.1 System :-
    Soundsend Wisa box.
    Harmen Kardon front and rear satellite.
    Legend 10.2 Silverback Active Centre.

I'm Nari.

Quote Originally Posted by p147 View Post
    Yes, the wand (Tonearm) is quite innovative and amazing, It is one of the main reasons I chose this deck.
    I have a Friend who who has a Pioneer P3A I find that a highly musical turntable too

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by Vrajbasi View Post
    I have a Friend who who has a Pioneer P3A I find that a highly musical turntable too
    The PL-90 is a gorgeous deck, The P3A is also top draw
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7 on Soundcare SuperSpikes
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable-airloc banana plugs
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

I'm givingyouaprettygoodclue.

Quote Originally Posted by Manicatel View Post
    Any Avid love in these parts, or is it not a brand that is highly rated.
    I’ve never heard one, but I do like their appearance of rock solid build quality.
    Any thoughts?
    A guy at this year's Wam Show at Kegworth had one, I think an Acutus. I recall he brushed it slightly with his hand and the suspension was so fluid that it mesmerised me by taking about a minute to settle down again. Could have been the choice of music but it had a really entertaining sound, one of those moments where you forget there's equipment involved and just get lost in the music.

Pete

I'm Nari.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete The Cat View Post
    A guy at this year's Wam Show at Kegworth had one, I think an Acutus. I recall he brushed it slightly with his hand and the suspension was so fluid that it mesmerised me by taking about a minute to settle down again. Could have been the choice of music but it had a really entertaining sound, one of those moments where you forget there's equipment involved and just get lost in the music.

Pete
    It has to be admired that Avid own the engineering business where there turntables are made everything is in house and after sales support is excellent.

I'm Charlie.

Mine does indeed float ... on a magnetic bearing

Platine Verdier with GT Audio Battery PSU - Schroeder Model 2 with Allaerts MC1B and vintage 70s Hadcock 228 (AO rewired) with John Wright rebuilt Decca C4E

R2R: Studer A820 1/2 inch 2 track; Otari MTR-12 1/4 inch 2 track; Sony APR 5003; Sony APR 5002; Studer A807/II. Vinyl: Platine Verdier Allaerts MC1B/Schroeder Reference & Model 2 Decca C4E/Hadcock 228 TRON Seven Reference phono. Keith Monks MkII RCM Other analogue source: Nakamichi Dragon with ANT4066 mods. Amplification: TRON Meteor preamp TRON Voyager 20B SET power. Speakers: Avantgarde Duo. Digital: computing at last with Prism Sound Lyra 2 A2D converter

I'm Nari.

Quote Originally Posted by topoxforddoc View Post

Platine Verdier with GT Audio Battery PSU - Schroeder Model 2 with Allaerts MC1B and vintage 70s Hadcock 228 (AO rewired) with John Wright rebuilt Decca C4E

I always loved the verdier turntables I used to meet him at the paris hifi show, the Magnum certainly looks a beast would love to hear one of those.

I'm Deleted.

With the demise of BD Audio I’m not sure if anyone currently sells Verdier in the UK.
    Account Deleted

I'm paul.

Quote Originally Posted by topoxforddoc View Post

lovely set up Charlie
    Bakoon 13r Denon DP80 Stax UA-70 Shure Ultra 500 in a Martin Bastin body with jico stylus, project ds2 digital Rullit aero 8 field coils in tqwt speakers

Office system, DIY CSS fullrange speakers with aurum cantus G2 ribbons yulong dac Sony STR6055 receiver Jvc QL-A51 direct drive turntable, Leema sub. JVC Z4S cart is in the house

Garage system another Sony receiver, cassette deck

System components are subject to change without warning and at the discretion of the owner.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast