+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello

I'm Nari.

Default Hello

Hello all 40 years of pursuing the hobby lots of mistakes on the way and lots of fun finally have a system I am happy with

Micro Seiki 8000 mk2 Kondo V-12 Top wing cartride, Axiom Tonearm Koetsu Tiger Eye
    EMT 927
    Sme Model 30/12 Thales Tonearm also a sme 3012r ltd edition gold shindo spu

Kondo Amplification audio tekne phono

Shindo Field Coils

Lfd Custom made pure silver ribbons and Diamond Vipor

No Digital

Thanks For Accepting me

Nari
    Last edited by Vrajbasi; 04-08-2018 at 22:04.

I'm Grant.

Welcome Nari. Hope you enjoy the forum and join in the discussions
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Adam.

Welcome along Nari
    Great system!
    I’m sure you will get much from this wonderful forum, and hopefully contribute too.
    "lack of passion is fatal"

Vinyl: Thorens TD-124mk2 / SME-312 Aluminium 'special' / SME M2-9R / STEREO: Etsuro Urushi Cobalt / Shure M3D / Ortofon SPU A95 / Cartridge Man Music Master / Shure - SC35C (US) / SAEC C3 MC MONO: Miyajima Zero B 0.7mil mono / Miyajima Premium 1.0 / Amps & SUTs: Radford STA25 mk3 / AD Audio 'Satchmo2' pre & LCR phono / Hashimoto HM-7 SUT / ETR-MONO SUT Digital: Audio Note 4.1 (with DAC5 upgrades) DAC / Roon / Tidal Speakers: Tannoy 12" MGs' in RFC custom 'Rutland' Cabinets with RFC crossovers / Tannoy ST-100 Super Tweeters Cables: LFD Grainless phono / RFC Mercury / Duelund DCA16GA tinned copper / Kimber 12TC / SW1X Audio Design USB-SPdif / Duelund DCA20GA interconnects / SW1X Audio SPDIF Aero 6 / Mains Power Conditioner / Box Furniture rack / Audiodesk Systeme Vinyl Cleaner / a very beautiful & understanding Wife!

I'm Bruno.

The EMT 927, such an iconic broadcast turntable. And Shindo. Wow. Love to see some pics.
    Welcome Nari.

I'm Geoff.

Hi Nari. Welcome to AOS.

Tell us what music you listen to and what future plans if any you may have for your system.

You have some interesting equipment. Why not start your own blog in the Gallery section and show us your set-up?

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.

I'm Nari.

Thanks everyone currently listening taste vary a lot from Jazz to Classical to all sorts. I am currently looking at purchasing yet another turntable I have been offered a mint Rockport system 11 sirius LTD edition with its air suspension stand,air bearing this one has a rare version of the rockport tonearm but trying to sell a car to fund it.

Hifi has been so addictive always putting it always ahead of other priorities. I was very impressed hearing the Rockport yesterday he had it running with a Cartridge from japan the Etsuro Urushi sounded great big soundstage lots body. I love turntables but running out of space. Amps are staying speakers were a rare buy went to Japan on holiday and met a few audiophiles from another forum and a member was selling due to a Marriage break down.

I can't see me changing much always like to look at turntables there the only thing that really fascinate me as to arms and cartridges. I listened to the SAT arm recently on my Micro seiki failed to be convinced especially with its huge 34k price tag the sound was rather bloated and lacked confidence. I sacrifice a lot to buy hifi and have have only got to where I am gradually so like to see where is the value unfortunately most of it is much of a muchness and hyper inflated.

I believe one can create very enjoyable system for not much with a bit of care but experience is most valuable as its a minefield out there and its also hard to know what works with what.

After being through so much gear one ends up vey cynical. These days I am a bit of a free agent not tied down to anyone school of thought or one dealer I have been through a lot of gear and been tied in to particular importer and dealers etc.

Been through the whole american experience with the likes of Audio Research, Krells Apogee, Wilson, Duntech, Conrad Jhonson sound lab, Kuzma Triplannar,Goldmund, and also the likes of Audio Note, Jadis and shin do and lots lots more. Some bits were great upon reflection and I still had certain items to see what they would sound like in the right set of circumstances as system matching is everything.

I wish I kept a Goldmund Reference I once owned my friend has it now and I listen to it in his system with big vintage Krells the reference monos with huge rebuilt apogees and often think hifi has not got any better he has had the same set up for around 28 years and it sounds stunning and he certainly has got value after all these years, but the fun is in the learning and making the mistakes the only thing is its an expensive hobby and can be very draining coming up to retirement I have to be a bit more careful
    Last edited by Vrajbasi; 05-08-2018 at 08:14.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS Nari,

You certainly have some exotic gear there; much of which I haven't heard of, let alone heard. You also seem to have had some very 'high end' American equipment pass your ears.

It's good to read you are happy with your current set up; that is a goal for most of us, but some go after a fruitless never-ending search for the impossible audio nirvana.

Would love to see some images of your system. Especially the TTs - I think there are only about four or five Members here who have an EMT 927 (which arm do you use in it?)

Enjoy the Forum
    Barry
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread