+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Possible system inbalance

I'm Shaun.

Well, swapped over the cable terminals to the left speaker and all it did was just move virtually all of the image to the speaker that currently has most of the image.

I'm Shaun.

Oliver, I have a similar guitar amp to you but it is a Boss Katana 50. Bloody lovely amp as I am sure your Vox is.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Haselsh1 View Post
    Oliver, I have a similar guitar amp to you but it is a Boss Katana 50. Bloody lovely amp as I am sure your Vox is.
    Shaun, the Katana 50 looks a cracker.

I've been using Vox since the Marshall I had became randomly epileptic. It would just start "screaming" for no reason then stop. I gave up when I paid £180 for its repair and two months later it started again. It must've been the spirit of Hendrix objecting to my attempts at Voodoo Chile

The Vox is a Valve/hybrid amplifier with amp modeling. I got an absolute bargain on it. I paid £145 for it because the guy in the shop couldn't figure it out 🤣

It's a phenomenal amp and has been with me for a real long time. I've recorded and gigged with it and it's never let me down.

A fella in Australia sent me an email once after a demo I put on a musician website went a little bit popular. It was the amp that was popular, not me lol.

I ended up recording a few riffs for a couple of his songs, he used a couple too.

I'm Martin.

Well, swapped over the cable terminals to the left speaker and all it did was just move virtually all of the image to the speaker that currently has most of the image.
    Looks like room treatment time then. Unless you can have a total reorg of the room, but I guess that is not on the cards?
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Shaun.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Looks like room treatment time then. Unless you can have a total reorg of the room, but I guess that is not on the cards?
    Never say never

(While the cats away)

I'm Shaun.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Shaun, the Katana 50 looks a cracker.

I've been using Vox since the Marshall I had became randomly epileptic. It would just start "screaming" for no reason then stop. I gave up when I paid £180 for its repair and two months later it started again. It must've been the spirit of Hendrix objecting to my attempts at Voodoo Chile

The Vox is a Valve/hybrid amplifier with amp modeling. I got an absolute bargain on it. I paid £145 for it because the guy in the shop couldn't figure it out 🤣

It's a phenomenal amp and has been with me for a real long time. I've recorded and gigged with it and it's never let me down.

A fella in Australia sent me an email once after a demo I put on a musician website went a little bit popular. It was the amp that was popular, not me lol.

I ended up recording a few riffs for a couple of his songs, he used a couple too.
    Christ man I have heard so many bad things about Marshall. My Katana 50 was about £175 brand new as I spotted a web discount that I thought was a wind up, it wasn't.

Bigman80 Guest

Christ man I have heard so many bad things about Marshall. My Katana 50 was about £175 brand new as I spotted a web discount that I thought was a wind up, it wasn't.
    Sound wise I loved it but the reliability was poor. That was my second one too

I'm Shaun.

Just re-hashing this thread as it was posted in August of 2018 and a week ago in May 2019 the whole system started to completely open up on the left hand side of the room. The Spendor's were bought brand new in March 2018, the Prima Luna power amp in November 2016. It was re-valved with new JJ EL34's last year. A couple of months ago I pushed the speakers slightly closer to the rear wall but apart from that, nothing has changed. It would appear though that something has indeed changed in spite of all of the swapping and messing last year. It's a mystery to me (a shot in the dark)

I'm matt.

Your hearing perhaps?

I'm Shaun.

Quote Originally Posted by fatmarley View Post
    Your hearing perhaps?
    Easily possible. Other than that, because the system has hardly been used, it is also possible that something internal has changed in the power amp. The CDT was brand new, the DAC secondhand, the Prima Luna pre amp was secondhand, the power amp brand new. The Spendor's were brand new. I am almost certain that something in the power amp has loosened up. The current state of the stereo image is bloody wonderful on either side.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast