+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Photos of my garden

I'm Ben.

Quote Originally Posted by hifilover View Post
    Ours, as it stands currently:

Herbs into swede, chard/spinach, carrots and leeks as you look down the LHS towards the greenhouse (nowt in there now bar parsley and the Pinot grape vine). Bottom is x2 apple trees, x2 pear trees and strawberries. Up the right is more carrots, parsnips, springs onions, beetroot, kale and purple sprouting broccoli (you can't see that as it's cut off by the back of the garage); that's next Springs crop

The grass got it's last cut of the year on Friday; just took the tops off as I'd fed it the week before with a seaweed mulch which the cat loves rolling in

The woods are slowly being cleared behind the greenhouse/trellis fence; the single huge tree at the back of the greenhouse comes down on Wednesday and over winter I'll be sorting a pen & chicken penthouse out for x4 chickens in the Spring time

All the neighbours back gardens go 25ft into the woods further than ours does currently, so I'm slowly catching them up
    That looks great!

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk
    Technics SL1210 with
    SME IV Arm & AT OC9XML,
    Firebottle modded Tron Convergence Phono Stage,
    Bluesound Node 2i, Technics SL DZ 1200 CD
    Denon PMA1700ne amp
    Yamaha NS1000M Speakers.

I'm Dan.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoidburg View Post
    That looks great!

Thanks; it's my main passion after training/cars and lifting stupidly heavy things

I try to grow as much as our veg as possible; the only things I don't grow are onions and garlic as I can't be arsed with all the drying off malarky Spuds are grown in huge tubs at the back of the garage; saves having to faff with crop rotation then as some veg I'll plant in 1/2/3 yields and stagger the growth to get longevity out of them

The root veg are all in the ground right through the year, over winter and into the following year etc; rather that than picking and storing etc
    Bigger than you...

My Office : 2021 M1 MacBook Air > Focusrite Scarlett Solo USB interface > JBL 308P MkII active studio monitors on Atacama SL600 stands via Van Damme TRS to XLR balanced cables
    The spare room : Music via iTunes & internet > ATV3 > optical into a Fiio D3 DAC > SMSL SA50 integrated > AE109 speakers - QED cables

I'm Ben.

Thanks; it's my main passion after training/cars and lifting stupidly heavy things

I try to grow as much as our veg as possible; the only things I don't grow are onions and garlic as I can't be arsed with all the drying off malarky Spuds are grown in huge tubs at the back of the garage; saves having to faff with crop rotation then as some veg I'll plant in 1/2/3 yields and stagger the growth to get longevity out of them

The root veg are all in the ground right through the year, over winter and into the following year etc; rather that than picking and storing etc
    Id love a garden as big as yours, and if I had the room a couple of chickens but for now theres no room for them unfortunately.

This has been our first year growing stuff and we've had loads of courgettes, butternut squash, spring onions, carrots and a few beetroots too. Even though I don't generally eat as much veg as I should its been lovely and ive really enjoyed it. Its lovely watching things grow, chilling out in the garden watering stuff of an evening etc etc

I built a 750 x 750 x 750 raised planter for just potatoes so we have them in at the moment. I just need to read up on what else we can run through the winter now before cracking on with peppers, tomato's, chilli's etc in the greenhouse next spring.
    Technics SL1210 with
    SME IV Arm & AT OC9XML,
    Denon PMA1700ne amp
    Yamaha NS1000M Speakers.

I'm Dan.

Id love a garden as big as yours, and if I had the room a couple of chickens but for now theres no room for them unfortunately.

This has been our first year growing stuff and we've had loads of courgettes, butternut squash, spring onions, carrots and a few beetroots too. Even though I don't generally eat as much veg as I should its been lovely and ive really enjoyed it. Its lovely watching things grow, chilling out in the garden watering stuff of an evening etc etc

I built a 750 x 750 x 750 raised planter for just potatoes so we have them in at the moment. I just need to read up on what else we can run through the winter now before cracking on with peppers, tomato's, chilli's etc in the greenhouse next spring.
    That's it; it's all about using the space well and timely etc

You'll struggle to grow stuff now really; if you can though, chard and spinach will grow under a cloche/glass/greenhouse/conservatory etc and can be planted into bigger pots when it gets stronger
    Bigger than you...

My Office : 2021 M1 MacBook Air > Focusrite Scarlett Solo USB interface > JBL 308P MkII active studio monitors on Atacama SL600 stands via Van Damme TRS to XLR balanced cables
    The spare room : Music via iTunes & internet > ATV3 > optical into a Fiio D3 DAC > SMSL SA50 integrated > AE109 speakers - QED cables

I'm Ben.

That's it; it's all about using the space well and timely etc

You'll struggle to grow stuff now really; if you can though, chard and spinach will grow under a cloche/glass/greenhouse/conservatory etc and can be planted into bigger pots when it gets stronger
    Right, Il give spinach & chard a go in the greenhouse then!

cheers
    Technics SL1210 with
    SME IV Arm & AT OC9XML,
    Denon PMA1700ne amp
    Yamaha NS1000M Speakers.

I'm Dan.

Right, Il give spinach & chard a go in the greenhouse then!

cheers
    It'll grow well in a simple compost in either a big tub or trough

Sow quite a few seeds; too many really and then thin out to 75%

As long as its warm; they'll soon germinate and grow well

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mr-Fothergi...ds=chard+seeds

https://www.amazon.co.uk/VEGETABLE-S...CARFB1K1B6YTFW

I found these seeds to be the best
    Bigger than you...

I'm Anto.

Leaf beet is similar to Swiss Chard . Very similar seed to sugar beet and related I expect . (I let my Chard go to seed and kept the seed when it was mature) . It will provide greenery all through the winter depending on frosts
    I only ride 'em, I don't know what makes 'em work

I'm Ben.

It'll grow well in a simple compost in either a big tub or trough

Sow quite a few seeds; too many really and then thin out to 75%

As long as its warm; they'll soon germinate and grow well

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mr-Fothergi...ds=chard+seeds

https://www.amazon.co.uk/VEGETABLE-S...CARFB1K1B6YTFW

I found these seeds to be the best
    Cheers for that, Ive just bought a couple of packs and will get the planted at the weekend
    Technics SL1210 with
    SME IV Arm & AT OC9XML,
    Denon PMA1700ne amp
    Yamaha NS1000M Speakers.

I'm Ben.

First signs of the spinach sprouting! Very pleased with them so far. The chard are even smaller but I can just see them coming through.

The wife has also planted some garlic as well which seems to be coming along nicely

Technics SL1210 with
    SME IV Arm & AT OC9XML,
    Denon PMA1700ne amp
    Yamaha NS1000M Speakers.

I'm Ben.

Little update on the BBQ shelter.

I've now "winterised" it a bit so it's still usable even in this bleak, colder weather. A water proof heavy duty canvas sheet keeps a lot of the wind out and with a log burner set up it's lovely and cosy still.

I finally bit the bullet and had an armoured cable routed from the house to a dis board in the shed so we now have lighting & power to both the shed and bbq area.

That's allowed me to install a pair of cheap outdoor speakers fed from an smsl amp / DAC & blue ray player.

I've moved an old lkea sofa out there as well and it's actually really pleasant to sit with a bit of music a fire and bbqing food.

I even set up a cheap led projector & screen for a perfect Halloween pop up cinema. Theatre of blood starring Vincent price was bloody brilliant!

Technics SL1210 with
    SME IV Arm & AT OC9XML,
    Denon PMA1700ne amp
    Yamaha NS1000M Speakers.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast