+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Photos of my garden

I'm Ben.

Greenhouse arrived last week and I've been trying to assemble it. A lot of head scratching, swearing and wanting to throw it over the fence and finally I think I might be ready to glaze it!!

I've also added to the BBQ shelter so it's a bit more winter proof hopefully. More to do still but it's getting there.

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk
    Technics SL1210 with
    SME IV Arm & AT OC9XML,
    Firebottle modded Tron Convergence Phono Stage,
    Bluesound Node 2i, Technics SL DZ 1200 CD
    Denon PMA1700ne amp
    Yamaha NS1000M Speakers.

I'm Geoff.

Looks like you're doing OK to me. It should be rewarding once you've finished it.

I'm Ben.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Looks like you're doing OK to me. It should be rewarding once you've finished it.
    Cheers mate,

I got a few bits wrong which added a few hours to the process going back unscrewing parts & changing them etc. The instructions were basic to say the least!

Technics SL1210 with
    SME IV Arm & AT OC9XML,
    Denon PMA1700ne amp
    Yamaha NS1000M Speakers.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoidburg View Post
    Greenhouse arrived last week and I've been trying to assemble it. A lot of head scratching, swearing and wanting to throw it over the fence and finally I think I might be ready to glaze it!!

I've also added to the BBQ shelter so it's a bit more winter proof hopefully. More to do still but it's getting there.

they will do that to u.... try one 3 times that size i never wanted to burn metal more
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Ben.

Spent another 2 hours messing about with the frame last night. Got the door and roof opener assembled and installed then realised that the rear gable had several sections bolted together back to front and so I had to remove them and re-install. At least twice I had to take a deep breath and control myself after the crappy bolts threaded and had to be cut off.

BUT I'm now 100% certain its all together as it should be and I'm happy with it. I got most of the glazing beads fitted last night before it got to murky and hopefully tonight depending on what time I get in, i'l actually get some glass in it!!!
    Technics SL1210 with
    SME IV Arm & AT OC9XML,
    Denon PMA1700ne amp
    Yamaha NS1000M Speakers.

I'm Anto.

I only ride 'em, I don't know what makes 'em work

I'm Ben.

Greenhouse finally finished. Once the fiddly frame was sorted the glazing was thankfully pretty easy & relatively quick.

Technics SL1210 with
    SME IV Arm & AT OC9XML,
    Denon PMA1700ne amp
    Yamaha NS1000M Speakers.

I'm Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by Oddball View Post
    I know it's work to you Anto but it does look beautiful.
    Turntable
    Toshiba SR-370/Mission 774/Van Damme cable with MS Starline plugs/Ortofon Quintet Black
    CD
    Cambridge CXC transport/modified Musical Fidelity X-DAC/modified Musical Fidelity X-10 V3 tube buffer
    Network Player
    Cambridge NP30
    Amplifier
    Denon HA-500 head amp/Nakamichi CA-5E pre-amp/Chinese passive RVC/Proton AA-1150 DMC power amp
    Speakers
    Mordaunt Short Signifer on original factory stands
    Cables
    Mogami with Rean Neutrik plugs/NVA LS5
    Headphones
    Sennheiser HD600/Sennheiser HD650/Koss Pro4 AA

I'm Anto.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian7633 View Post
    I know it's work to you Anto but it does look beautiful.
    Thanks Ian . Thought after I posted that ,it may come over as a bit annoying to some , but you got my sentiment !!!
    I only ride 'em, I don't know what makes 'em work

I'm Dan.

Ours, as it stands currently:

Herbs into swede, chard/spinach, carrots and leeks as you look down the LHS towards the greenhouse (nowt in there now bar parsley and the Pinot grape vine). Bottom is x2 apple trees, x2 pear trees and strawberries. Up the right is more carrots, parsnips, springs onions, beetroot, kale and purple sprouting broccoli (you can't see that as it's cut off by the back of the garage); that's next Springs crop

The grass got it's last cut of the year on Friday; just took the tops off as I'd fed it the week before with a seaweed mulch which the cat loves rolling in

The woods are slowly being cleared behind the greenhouse/trellis fence; the single huge tree at the back of the greenhouse comes down on Wednesday and over winter I'll be sorting a pen & chicken penthouse out for x4 chickens in the Spring time

All the neighbours back gardens go 25ft into the woods further than ours does currently, so I'm slowly catching them up
    Bigger than you...

My Office : 2021 M1 MacBook Air > Focusrite Scarlett Solo USB interface > JBL 308P MkII active studio monitors on Atacama SL600 stands via Van Damme TRS to XLR balanced cables
    The spare room : Music via iTunes & internet > ATV3 > optical into a Fiio D3 DAC > SMSL SA50 integrated > AE109 speakers - QED cables

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast