+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Gave up on vinyl

I'm Shaun.

Default Gave up on vinyl

Well a month ago I decided to finally give up on vinyl and sell the damn lot via ebay. So far, within the last 31 days I have listed 31 LP's and sold 31 LP's with a an income of £806.43 ! Now that is quite a turnover of funds which I really didn't ever expect. In fact, I have made more on the vinyl than the actual gear required to play the bloody stuff. I will not get into a heavy discussion about why I have done this as it has all been said before elsewhere on this forum but, at the moment I am so glad I have reshaped my music loving life. For whatever future I have I now intend to focus solely on the music and to hell with obsessive hi-fi ways. Time to chill.

I'm Grant.

nearing 30 a record so must have mostly been collectable ... have to say, i often think of it too
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm mark.

Let us know when your down to the last 100 that are worth 25p

I'm Deleted.

If you find you have "obsessive hi-fi ways" I'm sure you realise that is a problem you have with yourself and not the equipment or formats fault.
    Account Deleted

I'm Adam.

£806.43?

You could buy a nice turntable with that...
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm Shaun.

Quote Originally Posted by YNWaN View Post
    If you find you have "obsessive hi-fi ways" I'm sure you realise that is a problem you have with yourself and not the equipment or formats fault.
    Then I am in no way alone.

I'm Shaun.

Quote Originally Posted by Beobloke View Post
    £806.43?

You could buy a nice turntable with that...
    LOL, yes, my Nottingham Analogue Interspace cost around that secondhand

Unfortunately it still didn't outperform my CD system

I'm Shaun.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    nearing 30 a record so must have mostly been collectable ... have to say, i often think of it too
    Grant I am truly up to it with vinyl replay and have been teetering on the edge for quite a few years. I never even imagined that any of my LP's would be worth the amount that people have paid for them.

I'm Shaun.

Quote Originally Posted by RothwellAudio View Post
    That's an average of £26 per LP! They must have been quite special.

I agree. The gear is only a means to an end - listening to music. For some people the whole vinyl experience, its tangibility, its artwork, the cleaning ritual etc. adds to the listening pleasure. For others, it doesn't.
    No need to apologise for not wanting to worship at the altar of vinyl.
    Andrew, you clearly understand. I have been into this since the mid seventies and it has completely lost its shine. I had been into 'analogue' photography since 1969 also but gave that up two years ago when I realised that most people just don't give a shit how the image was made. One of the few to comment on film photography was Marco who could quite clearly connect with it. I just think I have spent way too long caring for such things alone. Time to move on.

I'm Grant.

taking median values my vinyl still has a value around 4k. might get more as they are mostly nm/m. some re rarer than others tbh. Ive sold quite a lot in past to get down to this manageable amount of a little over 300. top value is about 6.6k.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast