+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Final setup !! (For now[emoji12])

I'm Karl.

Default Final setup !! (For now)

Hi guys since my last post about the new LP12 ive been busy putting in the extra saturdays grafting on site to get me to where im at now.

Its really is one of the sweetest combos ive ever heard. The synergy is incredible.

Firstly I added a naim 180, nac 72, and and avondale DR’d hicap into the mix . They were all freshly serviced and are just about run in now so sounding as sweet as they should.
    Im thinking of dropping the Ryan sound lab (rsl) boards that i here so many good things about into the 72, so maybe thats the next tweak?
    If anybody has any experience with these and or NCC200 boards with the 180 then i’d be grateful to hear your thoughts please as thats another possibilty in the future.

The newest member of the family are these stunningly beautiful Spendor SP2/3R2 in cherry.
    These have possibly been the biggest most jaw dropping upgrade of the lot and could possibly be my last ever speaker.
    They replaced some Q Acoustics floorstanders which were great but probably a bit mismatched with all the new gear, but money doesnt grow on trees so it was one thing at a time.
    Wow they are so dynamic, rich, detailed, warm, and vocals are eerily real. Ive been listening to Jonathan Wilsons ‘Fanfare’ album which is an audiophiles dream. All analogue recording in his studio and musicianship of the highest order so his records all sound superb. Check him out if you havent already.
    No wonder Roger waters snapped him up for his touring band.

Anyways, I think this will keep me (very) amused for a long time coming... The hard work has really paid off this time.

Cheers

Karl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    CTC Classic 301 , SPH bearing and Hanze Hifi HAT CPS-2 all analogue power supply / Tenuto Mk2 mat / custom Panzerholz and Kewasinga articulating plinth / Track audio isolation feet / Reed tonearm / Audio Technica ART 9 / 2 box BigBottle mk3 phonostage with Clarity cap CMR and NOS Telefunkens valves / Croft 25R preamp with upgraded 12BH7A line stage and NOS 1956 RCA valves / Croft 7R monoblocks with NOS 56 RCA valves/ Dynaudio Contour 30i speakers / Spotfire interconnects and speaker cables / Merlin Scorpion mains block / Rhodium mains cables / Marantz CD DAC /

I'm Ian.

No doubt a great sounding set up, I'm a fan of Marantz CD players, they punch well above their weight. Really nice clean lines and no clutter, I like that.
    Turntable
    Toshiba SR-370/Mission 774/Van Damme cable with MS Starline plugs/Ortofon Quintet Black
    CD
    Cambridge CXC transport/modified Musical Fidelity X-DAC/modified Musical Fidelity X-10 V3 tube buffer
    Network Player
    Cambridge NP30
    Amplifier
    Denon HA-500 head amp/Nakamichi CA-5E pre-amp/Chinese passive RVC/Proton AA-1150 DMC power amp
    Speakers
    Mordaunt Short Signifer on original factory stands
    Cables
    Mogami with Rean Neutrik plugs/NVA LS5
    Headphones
    Sennheiser HD600/Sennheiser HD650/Koss Pro4 AA

I'm Bartek.

Very nice setup. Very tidy. Congratulations
    Living Room Onkyo P303 + Hitachi HMA-6500, HGE-6500, Music Hall CD 25.2, Onkyo T-909, TA-2500, Akai GX-6, Yamaha MDX-596, Panasonic DMP-BDT460, PS4, Pioneer PL-112D+AT95E, Tannoy Mercury V4
    Other Sansui AU-D7, Onkyo P-3060R, TA-2900, TA-2500, TA-2360, TA-RW9090, Nakamichi 480, 580, Sansui SR-212+AT95E, Yamaha CA-1010, CT-1010, TC-1000, K-850, T-1.

I'm James.

A very nice set up Karl and I expect it sounds great. Your room and system look first class. I am a big fan of the Spender SP2 speaker myself having owned a pair of originals for the last 32 years. They still sound great but I am sure the newer incarnations are even better? I particularly like your stands, who is the manufacturer and model as I could do with a new pair. The SP2 has a great transparency and natural ability especially with vocals and instrumental timbre. I much underrated speaker I feel in the modern age but once heard never forgotten.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Karl.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian7633 View Post
    No doubt a great sounding set up, I'm a fan of Marantz CD players, they punch well above their weight. Really nice clean lines and no clutter, I like that.
    Thanks, I agree mate they are brilliant for the money and the built in dac is handy for quickly plugging a phone into ( especially when the missus is around as i dont know if i trust her near the TT)

CTC Classic 301 , SPH bearing and Hanze Hifi HAT CPS-2 all analogue power supply / Tenuto Mk2 mat / custom Panzerholz and Kewasinga articulating plinth / Track audio isolation feet / Reed tonearm / Audio Technica ART 9 / 2 box BigBottle mk3 phonostage with Clarity cap CMR and NOS Telefunkens valves / Croft 25R preamp with upgraded 12BH7A line stage and NOS 1956 RCA valves / Croft 7R monoblocks with NOS 56 RCA valves/ Dynaudio Contour 30i speakers / Spotfire interconnects and speaker cables / Merlin Scorpion mains block / Rhodium mains cables / Marantz CD DAC /

I'm Karl.

Quote Originally Posted by YNWaN View Post
    I use the Ryan Sound Lab cards in my 72 and cannot praise them highly enough (but then you may have already read my comments as I was the first to write about them in the UK). I see you have already had quite a few mods made to your LP12, so I would recommend you got an audition of the Tranquility bearing mod (bear in mind I helped design it so am not unbiased).
    Yes i did actually read some of your threads and theres not a single bad word said about them so i defo think this will be next for me. Id be interested to know how the phono cards compare to my firebottle? I wonder if theyd be better?? The linn is pretty tricked up now, minus a keel and trampolin but i would never be able to spend that much on a sub so its out of the question for me . Im going to get the skale for my nima at some point and will have another look at the bearing also thanks. What improvements does it bring?

I'm Karl.

Quote Originally Posted by Burner View Post
    Very nice setup. Very tidy. Congratulations
    Thanks mate its really is magical. Perfectly balanced .

I'm Karl.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    A very nice set up Karl and I expect it sounds great. Your room and system look first class. I am a big fan of the Spender SP2 speaker myself having owned a pair of originals for the last 32 years. They still sound great but I am sure the newer incarnations are even better? I particularly like your stands, who is the manufacturer and model as I could do with a new pair. The SP2 has a great transparency and natural ability especially with vocals and instrumental timbre. I much underrated speaker I feel in the modern age but once heard never forgotten.
    Thanks matey, i havent heard the old ones mate so i cant compare(no doubt theyre nothing short of brilliant though).
    These saw off some stiff competition from the likes of harbeth ,ATC, PMC. They just seemed to work better in my setup and room. Great synergy!
    I actually made the stands myself. I found a pair on analogue seduction but when i saw they were £500 i thought sod that, so i knocked em up one night , then painted them over another couple. It was really simple snd they work a treat

I'm Rich.

That's a very nice looking LP12.

Clearaudio Emotion with Clearaudio Performer cart
    Copland CDA 266
    Copland CSA 28
    Squeezebox Touch
    Impulse Lali
    Van Damme I/Cs and cables

I'm Karl.

Quote Originally Posted by stairpost View Post
    That's a very nice looking LP12.
    Thanks buddy.. i have to agree with you there

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast