+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Opinions on Hifiman 400 headphones?

I'm Hal.

Was lucky to get a mint 400s, two years old at a very good price.
    And loving it, won't be parting with this for quite some time.
    Without music, powerboat racing, photography and a whole stack of other stuff that floats my boat, life is just a non stop procession of deadlines and bills.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by hal55 View Post
    Was lucky to get a mint 400s, two years old at a very good price.
    And loving it, won't be parting with this for quite some time.
    I thought they would suit. The 400s is "voiced" a little differently to the 400i but both have that "electrostatic" speed.

Geoff

I'm Hal.

Just love the sheer musicality of them, they are an incredibly fun listen. If I was to criticize one thing, and it's minor, it would be that the high frequencies could be a little more extended and airy, other than that they hit all the right buttons.
    Listening to Elvis right now with the feet tapping and a big smile on my face, wish I'd gone this route years ago.
    Without music, powerboat racing, photography and a whole stack of other stuff that floats my boat, life is just a non stop procession of deadlines and bills.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by hal55 View Post
    Just love the sheer musicality of them, they are an incredibly fun listen. If I was to criticize one thing, and it's minor, it would be that the high frequencies could be a little more extended and airy, other than that they hit all the right buttons.
    Listening to Elvis right now with the feet tapping and a big smile on my face, wish I'd gone this route years ago.
    The 400i has a more extended treble than the 400s though some consider it a little harsh compared to the s model. The 400s is certainly easier to drive than the 400i and I know that many prefer its fuller bass output. Overall though, the differences are minor.

I'm Lawrence.

Didn't see any reference to the original model 400 above. For the record, I quite liked mine initially, good bass impact, but after a while I noticed splashy unnatural cymbals which highlighted other weakness in the treble and I eventually sold them on with no regrets (unlike the first pair of 500s which I sold, I later bought another pair and kept them until I got the 6s which are my endgame headphones).

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123