+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Introduction

I'm Tom.

Default Introduction

Hello, I boxed up my Arcam separates to go off travelling 15 years ago and have been without hi-fi ever since. I'm ready to get set up again now.

I'm gone.

Hi Tom

Welcome back to the hifi fold.

Are you just going to unbox the Arcam gear, or are you looking for new stuff?

I'm Geoff.

Hi Tom. Welcome to AOS.

Fifteen years is a long time without a Hi-Fi. Did you go anywhere good?

You'll find there's plenty going on here, so just join in the chat.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.

I'm Tom.

Hi Jerry,

Thanks for the welcome.

I recently bought a pre-owned Arcam Solo (I have given over most of the available space to my children' games!), which will suffice for now, and I'm looking for speakers to go with that. The cones have perished in my old Mission speakers and I've not been able to source replacements. It's time to sell the separates.

I'm Tom.

Hi Geoff,

Thanks for your welcome and assistance.

Fifteen years is a long time, yes! My (now) wife and I spent a few months cycling and working around NZ, visiting friends dotted around the world on the way out there and back.

Tom

I'm Neil.

Welcome to AoS Tom

Just a little point, forum house keeping, we need a location in your profile, hfds ? Where is that.
    Regards Neil

I'm Tom.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Supreme D L View Post
    Welcome to AoS Tom

Just a little point, forum house keeping, we need a location in your profile, hfds ? Where is that.
    Thank you Neil.

I've updated my location. I'm in Herefordshire (I appreciate some members may wonder where that is?! - it's on the Welsh border of England).

Regards, Tom

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by TS1 View Post
    Thank you Neil.

I've updated my location. I'm in Herefordshire (I appreciate some members may wonder where that is?! - it's on the Welsh border of England).

Regards, Tom
    Thank you Tom, appreciate the update
    Regards Neil

I'm gone.

I live next door (countywise) in glcs and I have to confess I've never seen the abbreviation hfds before. (Nor have I ever seen glcs )
    If you are looking for a good small speaker to go with your Arcam Solo then Q Acoustics are well worth investigating. Very good sound per £, imo.

I'm Mark.

I can second the comment on the Q Acoustics. They may be small but the sound isn't! I bought them with the dedicated stands for my Dads system and they sound superb for the price( they replaced a ageing pair of Celestion SL6 which are still in use by my son in law in his garage !).

He loves them too but he's not into hi fi just music ( Ella, Sinatra, Kenton, Ellington, Basie, Diana Krall, Oscar Peterson etc you get the drift) and as most of his system has been handed down from me he hasn't had to go out and listen to equipment !!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Life long music lover and Hi-Fi enthusiast for over 40 years, avid live music supporter, dismayed by the current dynamic ticket pricing applied to so many events !!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast