+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Mission Statement......

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by gsq4848 View Post
    Thanks. Apparently when purchased new, the light oak finish were more expensive than the black & rosewood finishes. It may explain why they are not so easy now to come across on the second hand market
    Positive review 1997, 752 Freedom here: https://www.gramophone.co.uk/editori...om-loudspeaker

Note bottom page that both Rosewood and the Primavera (light oak) finishes were the equally priced, higher cost option over the black ash finish. (All were / are real wood veneer)
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7 on Soundcare SuperSpikes
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable-airloc banana plugs
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

I'm Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieGong View Post
    Positive review 1997, 752 Freedom here: https://www.gramophone.co.uk/editori...om-loudspeaker

Note bottom page that both Rosewood and the Primavera (light oak) finishes were the equally priced, higher cost option over the black ash finish. (All were / are real wood veneer)
    Thanks for the clarification

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm TAD.

Loved the pictures. I have a pair of 753's from new, bought mid 1990's. Had the speaker units changed by Wilmslow using Monacor, DT100 for the tweeters and SPH135C for the mids, about 5 years ago. They always sounded great and still do. I would have to spend a lot of cash to better what I have. If anyone is interested in pictures, I will post some. Love the Mission design, clean and simple. They are driven by Temple audio Monoblocks with Caiman SEGs as pre's.
    Last edited by TAD12; 15-08-2018 at 02:31. Reason: added extra info

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12