+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Mission Statement......

I'm Gary.

Default My Mission Statement......

....... I have too many!

The story starts with the imminent arrival of our first grandchild.

I convinced my wife that the stand mount speakers we had represented too much of a topple risk for an inquisitive toddler and that we had to act now - even though the grandchild wasn’t yet born, let alone a toddler!

The 752’s had been enthusiastically championed by Robbie Gong (whom I now, somewhat belatedly, thank for his endorsement).

The colour we decided on was the light oak/primavera, which aren’t so easy to obtain. I was frustrated to miss on a pair local to me, so decided as a stop gap of sorts to purchase a nice condition boxed pair in black, back in January.

Although I still remained somewhat miffed on missing out on the on that first pair!

The burgundy pair came my way back in Spring, due to a woefully worded listing on eBay. Being local, they were too good an opportunity to let pass!

Yesterday I was able to purchase a well cared for pair in the finish of choice, and the trio were formed!

I won’t go into the virtues of how they sound, it’s not my particular forte - other than to say they sound nice, look nice and are just about the right size

Needless to say, I now probably need to move a couple of pairs on!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by gsq4848; 29-07-2018 at 15:26. Reason: missing word

I'm gone.

A sad story, but there is hope.
    I recommend you join the Mission Speakers Anonymous group - "Hi, my name is Gary, and I just can't help myself".

But yes, nice speakers, and very handsome, too.
    Probably a mistake to buy speakers with low tweeters, though - absolutely irrestible to tiny tot prodding.
    A higher tweeter would have given you another couple of years of grace, till the little blighters could reach that far up!

Bigman80 Guest

I still like he look if these Missions. Never heard a pair but they will be good. I like what Mission sound like.

So, what's the plan with the spares!

I'm Chris.

Low tweeters? Maybe you could attach the grille covers more securely-that might protect the units a bit!
    Or rig up the hi-fi with a 'speaker-proximity' alarm....every time a low lying form approaches the speakers, a loud lion's ROARRRRR! comes out the speakers?
    Hmm....might intrigue some though, as the intrigue of a toddler operating self-opening doors in shops, etc.?
    You need these.My Klipschorns.jpg
    Chris.

I'm Gary.

Default My Mission Statement......

Jerry: Gosh! I hadn't considered the low tweeters Hopefully with the grills fitted It'll be a case of out of sight, out of mind!

Oliver: The other two speakers are accommodated in my upstairs man cave along with other hifi paraphernalia, most of which I should find a new home for!
    Last edited by gsq4848; 04-08-2018 at 14:08.

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by hornucopia View Post
    Low tweeters? Maybe you could attach the grille covers more securely-that might protect the units a bit!
    Or rig up the hi-fi with a 'speaker-proximity' alarm....every time a low lying form approaches the speakers, a loud lion's ROARRRRR! comes out the speakers?
    Hmm....might intrigue some though, as the intrigue of a toddler operating self-opening doors in shops, etc.?
    You need these.My Klipschorns.jpg
    Handy steps for them once they're walking so they can get to the high tweeters

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk

I'm fabulous.

I have a rosewood pair that to be honest have not been as well loved externally as yours (a few dings to the corners by previous owners) but oh my goodness, I love my Mission Freedoms. However, I look at your light oak ones with envious eyes... those are seriously handsome.
    lossless > Raspberry PI-3b+ > allo Boss > Van Damme Purple interconnect >
    Myryad Z210 CD Player > Chord Chameleon Silver+ interconnect >

into Magnum IA170 amplifier > Van Damme Blue 4mm cable > Mission 752 Freedom Floorstanders
    Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-AD700 Open-back

I'm Steve.

I used to own a pair of 754s which a friend still has and loves, so I understand the attraction.... Can’t quite remember why I sold them now!
    Steve aka 'Twelvebears' (it's a long story)
    System: Technics 1210 Mk5, Jelco 750 arm, AT33EV via MF X-LP2 Phono Stage, Oyaide mat and record clamp. SB Touch via Marantz PM-11S1 amp and Wilson Benesch A.C.T. speakers. Mark Grant cables and PS Audio Power Plant Premier mains regenerator.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

I'm Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by guyhayton View Post
    I have a rosewood pair that to be honest have not been as well loved externally as yours (a few dings to the corners by previous owners) but oh my goodness, I love my Mission Freedoms. However, I look at your light oak ones with envious eyes... those are seriously handsome.
    Thanks. Apparently when purchased new, the light oak finish were more expensive than the black & rosewood finishes. It may explain why they are not so easy now to come across on the second hand market

I'm Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by twelvebears View Post
    I used to own a pair of 754s which a friend still has and loves, so I understand the attraction.... Can’t quite remember why I sold them now!

It's not often the 754's are advertised for sale.... having said that, there is a black pair available in Ashford on ebay - currently with no bids.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast