+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS: Decca London International tonearm and London Grey cartridge

I'm Bikram.

Default FS: Decca London International tonearm and London Grey cartridge

Lovely above tone arm for sale. The cartridge still has 80% life. I know this because i took my turntable to John Wright last year who checked the tonearm and cartridge for me. Please see the pictures for more detail. Please note that the turntable is not for sale. The tonearm is still on the turntable if anyone wants to test the sound out, you can bring your own records. I would like to get £750 for both.

Last edited by walpurgis; 29-07-2018 at 10:16.

I'm Mike.

What a gorgeous looking thing

Worth the money just to look at
    Less bling, more integrity ©Spenagio

I'm Bikram.

The cartridge has never tiped before, so its in original condition..
    Technics SL1200 mk2 turntable ( Rewired tonearm with cardas 33awg cable) Ortofon 2m blue cartridge. Thorens TD 160 super (Decca london international tonearm and Decca Brown/export cartridge/stylus). Audiolab 8000Q Pre-amplifier with Audiolab 8000P power amplifier. Rega planet 2000 cd player. Pioneer cassette deck CT-S740S. Quad 21L speakers. Moth RCM mk1.

I'm Geoff.

Have a bump!

I'm Bikram.

Bump

I'm Bikram.

Noboby wants this beautiful tonearm!
    Technics SL1200 mk2 turntable ( Rewired tonearm with cardas 33awg cable) Ortofon 2m blue cartridge. Thorens TD 160 super (Decca london international tonearm and Decca Brown/export cartridge/stylus). Audiolab 8000Q Pre-amplifier with Audiolab 8000P power amplifier. Rega planet 2000 cd player. Pioneer cassette deck CT-S740S. Quad 21L speakers. Moth RCM mk1.

I'm Deleted.

If you split the arm and cartridge I think you will find both easier to sell - and probably make more money.
    Account Deleted

I'm Bikram.

Quote Originally Posted by YNWaN View Post
    If you split the arm and cartridge I think you will find both easier to sell - and probably make more money.
    Thanks Mark for the suggestion. I would like to sell both together, but i can split them if i get a good offer.

I'm Hal.

I'm curious, have you put the dampening fluid in the trough at the top and if so can you describe how it changed the sound?
    I love the arm but have never used the fluid since, if I didn't like the change it would have been hell to get out again. It's a fantastic arm, utterly charismatic and I'm surprised it hasn't been snapped up.
    Without music, powerboat racing, photography and a whole stack of other stuff that floats my boat, life is just a non stop procession of deadlines and bills.

I'm Bikram.

Hi Hal, John Wright have checked the fluid last and he said there is enough fluid. I have not heard it without the fluid, so i cant answer that question. Hopefuly someone else can answer it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast