+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wtd: amp to drive Linn Keilidhs upto £500

I'm Steve.

Default Wtd: amp to drive Linn Keilidhs upto £500

As much as my primaluna seems to be doing a decent job, I'd like to hear them with the sort of amp they were designed for. Thinking a solid integrated or compact pre power.

I'm Rob.

I had Linn Kabers back in the day, a similar design to the later Keilidhs, they were rated for 50W if I remember correctly, but I found they needed a little more to make them really come alive. I drove them with a 100W Audiolab 8000P, it was a great combination, the audiolab had a tremendous grip on the bass in particular, but had to take care not to overdrive them. I found the Kabers also benefit from 'tri-wiring', so perhaps the Keilidhs would to if possible.

lordmortlock Guest

Back in pm4 territory there pal, albeit in A/B mode

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by lordmortlock View Post
    Back in pm4 territory there pal, albeit in A/B mode
    I have to agree with Jake , Pm4 = joy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm Norman.

Hi, I've run Keilidh speakers from new till present day. They respond well to biwiring, but if memory serves right they can only be triwired in a Linn active mode, the third set of terminals are/should be blanked off to avoid accidental connection to an amp.
    But on to your original post for an amp. With a recent change of amp I have available, inside your budget, a pair of Musical Fidelity P150's that I've used happily with my Keilidh's in bi wire and Amps running in Monoblock mode. Don't have a preamp to offer at the moment. Also, if interested 2 lengths of Linn K400 bi wire cable, they're each 8 metres in length, no plugs.
    BR Norman

+ Reply to Thread