+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: RPI software choices....whats my best option.??

I'm Grant.

Default RPI software choices....whats my best option.??

As per above, after blowing my copy of moode 3.7, i was left with a dillema as i aint gonna be smart enough to do moode 4.2...
    got volumio2 in at moment and it works up to a point but its a bit clunky.

so whats my options(easy-ish ones)

should say at moment i have a rpi2b and audiophonics dac board
    Last edited by struth; 28-07-2018 at 13:31.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

piCorePlayer.
    It can do server and player simultaneously.
    It won't take you long to get to grips with LMS.
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm Luis.

I have always used volumio since it has 2 spotify plug ins.

The problem is that one of them, the spotify connect plugin, does not work properly.

Does any other software support spotify with the custom playlist included? Volumio does not support them any more unless you do some kind of programimg around it (I could not do it).

Enviado do meu HTC_M10h através do Tapatalk

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratmangler View Post
    piCorePlayer.
    It can do server and player simultaneously.
    It won't take you long to get to grips with LMS.
    Quite like this, and have copied it to a card but when i looked at the how to i decided its too much for me at moment. Might get Gary to have a bash at it if he ever comes over again.
    The kodi one looks ok too but again im not gonna manage that myself.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by SantanaCorreia View Post
    I have always used volumio since it has 2 spotify plug ins.

The problem is that one of them, the spotify connect plugin, does not work properly.

Does any other software support spotify with the custom playlist included? Volumio does not support them any more unless you do some kind of programimg around it (I could not do it).

Enviado do meu HTC_M10h através do Tapatalk
    Think the picoreplayer squeezelight might. (Think thats the name)
    Not sure if kodi osmc does but may well do.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Duncan.

I've just built a fresh image of MoOde 4.2 (1Gb) and thrown it up to my One Drive link here

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqntMWSofBSyihQ1m5XpM1b3VOJQ

Just unzip it and burn to a microSD card using Win32DiskImager.

Happy Days

I'm Luke.

Quote Originally Posted by tubehunter View Post
    I've just built a fresh image of MoOde 4.2 (1Gb) and thrown it up to my One Drive link here
    That's mighty charitable of you! I might be tempted to give it a whirl.

Do you have any sense of the SQ difference with the previous Moode build? I've seen it suggested that it isn't quite as good. The new one is missing the advanced kernals, is that right?

I'm Geoff.

I am very pleased with Volumio Especially, so since I found out (via AoS) that I could access my Tidal account through the £2.99 Bubble PnP app and then play my Tidal files via Volumio.

Good user interface and excellent SQ IMHO.

Geoff

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by tubehunter View Post

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqntMWSofBSyihQ1m5XpM1b3VOJQ

Just unzip it and burn to a microSD card using Win32DiskImager.

Happy Days
    Win disc imager doesn't recognise it as a disc image for some reason
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Duncan.

No it doesn't, my mistake in naming protocol.

When selecting the file from within Win32D... change the search criteria from Disk Images (*.img *.IMG) to *.*

Or rename file to something like moode42.img

Happy Days

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast