+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FS: Rare EAR 890 valve power amp

I'm Nick.

Default FS: Rare EAR 890 valve power amp

I've decided to sell on my EAR 890 power amp, due to recently acquiring a Radford TT100.

This is a very high quality amp, super detailed presentation and plenty of power (70w). Parallel push-pull, 8x KT88s. It has a solid-state level of definition in the highs and lows, yet it still has that lovely valve mid-range. Sounds amazing with my Tannoy Cheviots. It also looks drop-dead gorgeous.

It's in tip-top condition, serviced and re-valved by Tim deP himself in Dec 2017 (service history included with manual) and recently (last week) checked over by David Coe at AD Audio and given a clean bill of health. There was a small issue with the stereo/mono switch being a bit sticky but it was all sorted out by David.

Price for a new one is 6k. I'm asking £2250. Shipping will be extra, depending on location, and it will need to ship fully insured. You are also welcome to collect from London SW6.
    Comes with original packaging/box and user manual.

Any questions, please let me know.

IMG_1125w.jpgIMG_1123w.jpgIMG_1126w.jpg

Bigman80 Guest

Wow, this is stunningly beautiful.

I've checked the bank and im afraid it's bad news! 🤣

GLWS.

If my lotto numbers come in, I'll be in touch.

I'm Nick.

Heh heh yep it's a beauty all right. And they don't come up for sale that often, especially at this price point.

Good luck with those Lotto numbers!

I'm David.

A lovely sounding amp indeed! Plenty of power, detail and finesse! I enjoyed having this one to stay in my studio while I replaced the stereo /mono switch and gave it a check over. It's in pristine condition both inwardly and outwardly. GLWTS!
    David

montesquieu Guest

Superb amps, give nothing away to solid state in bass definition or punch while well capable of real subtlety.

I had the 899 integrated version (same amp with a built in passive pre up front) and really rated it. 8 x KT88 what's not to like?!

The valve amp for people who'd love a valve amp but don't want to give up on the best bits of solid state. Nice price too.

I'm Grant.

Here's a bigger picture

Gorgeous amp
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Nick.

Cheers Grant - still haven't worked out how to do that!

lordmortlock Guest

Drunk. And this amp is sexual.

I'm Dinos.

Default Questions on you’re amp

Quote Originally Posted by nickbaba View Post
    I've decided to sell on my EAR 890 power amp, due to recently acquiring a Radford TT100.

This is a very high quality amp, super detailed presentation and plenty of power (70w). Parallel push-pull, 8x KT88s. It has a solid-state level of definition in the highs and lows, yet it still has that lovely valve mid-range. Sounds amazing with my Tannoy Cheviots. It also looks drop-dead gorgeous.

It's in tip-top condition, serviced and re-valved by Tim deP himself in Dec 2017 (service history included with manual) and recently (last week) checked over by David Coe at AD Audio and given a clean bill of health. There was a small issue with the stereo/mono switch being a bit sticky but it was all sorted out by David.

Price for a new one is 6k. I'm asking £2250. Shipping will be extra, depending on location, and it will need to ship fully insured. You are also welcome to collect from London SW6.
    Comes with original packaging/box and user manual.

Any questions, please let me know.

IMG_1125w.jpgIMG_1123w.jpgIMG_1126w.jpg
    Hi,
    I am interested in your already have one and I am thinking of getting an other one, brings them and use them as monoblocks.
    Just a couple of questions:
    Do you have the original packaging, so it can be shipped?
    How old is the amp? Are you the first owner?
    Finally, may I ask why you are using KT88 and not the original KT90?
    Many thanks.
    Dinos.
    P.S. maybe it’s more convenient to reply in dconstan@windowslive.com.

I'm Nick.

Thanks for all the interest. Now SOLD.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast