+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What's it Worth Guv'

I'm Andy.

Default What's it Worth Guv'

Just wondering - do you have a collection setup for your CD's/Vinyl or tapes in Discogs?

If so, what is your most expensive recording and which is the most surprising?

For me it is the OASIS - Untitled box set - MAX is £506 (currently)

Biggest surprise is an EP I bought from a second hand shop for 50p - Talk Talk, Laughing Stock, max is £178...
    Main system:
    Analogue.
    Michell Orbe with arm decoupling kit & Pete's Pylons. SME V arm, Denon DL103M (FGS), Firebottle OPT MKII phono amp
    Technic SP-10 in Obsidian plinth, AT1010 PMAC v8b arm, Goldring Elite MC Cart and BB3 Phono Amp
    Leak Lenco GL75 with Ortofon OM10 cartridge
    Technics RS-BX404 Cassette Deck
    Network Player.
    Raspberry PI plus R2-R DAC (also used as a CD player) plus Pi NAS Server
    Digital.
    Philips DCC 730 player
    Marantz CD50SE
    Amp.
    Audiolab 8000A
    Speakers.
    Reiver Jenna floor standers
    HeadPhones.
    Sennheiser HD545 Ref, HD600, HD477

I'm Martin.

I have the original pressing of Smashing Pumpkins' 'Mellon Collie and The Infinite Sadness' numbered limited edition which I bought the week it came out. Max is currently £470.98!
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm givingyouaprettygoodclue.

I don't use Discogs for cataloguing but I use it a lot as a reference and for buying. I often find that things you think might be worth a bit aren't and vice versa. Every now and again I notice something I own with a surprising value, eg the other day a Depeche Mode compilation album with a high of £222 or The Cure A Forest 12" with a high of £175. Of course the high is possibly just what one person who is desperately keen will pay. I can't bear to part with any of my records though, it'll be my family who get the benefit from disposing of them when I've moved on or am no longer capable...

Pete

I'm Grant.

My highest is after school session from chuck berry at a max of £222... then my big joe williams copy of blues on highway 49 at £151, with david bowies live at santa monica at £134.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Robin.

I have just found my spreadsheet with list of 7 inch singles and looking up Chris Bell I am am the Cosmos, there are 2 for for sale and 500 euros is the cheapest

I'm Andy.

Quote Originally Posted by rmcin626 View Post
    I have just found my spreadsheet with list of 7 inch singles and looking up Chris Bell I am am the Cosmos, there are 2 for for sale and 500 euros is the cheapest
    Nice one
    Main system:
    Analogue.
    Michell Orbe with arm decoupling kit & Pete's Pylons. SME V arm, Denon DL103M (FGS), Firebottle OPT MKII phono amp
    Technic SP-10 in Obsidian plinth, AT1010 PMAC v8b arm, Goldring Elite MC Cart and BB3 Phono Amp
    Leak Lenco GL75 with Ortofon OM10 cartridge
    Technics RS-BX404 Cassette Deck
    Network Player.
    Raspberry PI plus R2-R DAC (also used as a CD player) plus Pi NAS Server
    Digital.
    Philips DCC 730 player
    Marantz CD50SE
    Amp.
    Audiolab 8000A
    Speakers.
    Reiver Jenna floor standers
    HeadPhones.