+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: DAC replacement required.

I'm steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    I missed eBay deadline once but PayPal still sorted it. You have to start a formal case in the resolution centre, not sure a message will get you far but wait a couple of days to see what they say. Assuming you're not on the cusp of the deadline of course.

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk
    I checked out the resolution centre but the first step is contacting the seller which I’ve been doing almost constantly for the last couple of months anyhow which has been a complete waste of time, they rarely grace me with a reply, if Paypal aren’t prepared to take it further on my behalf, I’m screwed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by steve-z View Post
    I checked out the resolution centre but the first step is contacting the seller which I’ve been doing almost constantly for the last couple of months anyhow which has been a complete waste of time, they rarely grace me with a reply, if Paypal aren’t prepared to take it further on my behalf, I’m screwed.

If you've contacted them before to state the problem you can move to the next stage IIRC.

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk

I'm Phil.

Steve, I have a Bushmaster MK 2 (famous on here), I’m not too far from you. Give us a shout if you’re interested, it’s like new, in black, with the upgrade chip in it.

Phil.
    CCA, Sony TA FB940R, Spendor S3/5r2.
    Quad 306, Tisbury, Rega Apollo CD.

I'm steve.

Quote Originally Posted by PhilofCas View Post
    Steve, I have a Bushmaster MK 2 (famous on here), I’m not too far from you. Give us a shout if you’re interested, it’s like new, in black, with the upgrade chip in it.

Phil.
    Thanks for the offer Phil but it’s unsuitable for 2 reasons, cost, I’m assuming you’d want £100+ for it, the second and more important I need a USB input which it lacks. I’ve no doubt it’s an excellent bit of kit though.

I'm Phil.

Quote Originally Posted by steve-z View Post
    Thanks for the offer Phil but it’s unsuitable for 2 reasons, cost, I’m assuming you’d want £100+ for it, the second and more important I need a USB input which it lacks. I’ve no doubt it’s an excellent bit of kit though.

Cheers Steve, yes, no USB, but less than £100 is doable
    CCA, Sony TA FB940R, Spendor S3/5r2.
    Quad 306, Tisbury, Rega Apollo CD.

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by jandl100 View Post
    Topping D30 Available from Amazon for £93.

Superb DAC and imo even better sounding than the DAC-01A.

Sorry to hear about your XiangSheng - they do seem to have high failure rates. My most recent one recently went sffft on its coax input. And I've had another one die on me before. I still use mine as a headphone amp from its other inputs.
    OK it's good, but if you read the review of this DAC on Amazon's website quote "I'd rate this as the best DAC I have owned - DACs I have owned include Auralic Vega, CA Azur 851D, Wyred4Sound DAC1 and several more well over £1k" - now that's just ridiculous!!

I'm Grant.

why?
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm gone.

Quote Originally Posted by loonytunes View Post
    OK it's good, but if you read the review of this DAC on Amazon's website quote "I'd rate this as the best DAC I have owned - DACs I have owned include Auralic Vega, CA Azur 851D, Wyred4Sound DAC1 and several more well over £1k" - now that's just ridiculous!!
    Hmm, yeah - it does sound daft.
    It's true, though. (I wrote that Amazon review).
    The key is to listen with your ears not with your wallet.

I'd rate the XiangSheng DAC-01A as better than that wallet-emptying gear as well, especially with a Western Elecric 396A valve onboard.

montesquieu Guest

Was just waiting on that particular punchline.

I'm Justin.

I like it especially with the WE 396A.

I can most definitely state it isn't as good as my Lampizator. In fact it really does better the Xiang by a good, strong margin. So there is some sanity around. It doesn't beat everything.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast