+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: DAC replacement required.

I'm Luis.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    interesting. I know of someone who did same comparison re topping and XS and felt it went the other way by quite a bit. Just shows we are all looking for something different. I love my XS, especially with the WE valve in.
    I might get the XS for my mac. Does it need drivers? What kind of headphone amp would suit it?

Enviado do meu HTC_M10h através do Tapatalk

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by SantanaCorreia View Post
    I might get the XS for my mac. Does it need drivers? What kind of headphone amp would suit it?

XS has a good headphone amp in it. Doesn't need drivers for windows so probably not for mac(but dont know) It has 2 analogue outputs. 1 Valve and 1 S State. the valve one benefits from an upgraded valve(the WE being the top of the tree) it can also be used as a partial pre via internal jumpers should you wish. has usb, coax, and fibre digital inputs and 2 analogue inputs.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Luis.

XS has a good headphone amp in it. Doesn't need drivers for windows so probably not for mac(but dont know) It has 2 analogue outputs. 1 Valve and 1 S State. the valve one benefits from an upgraded valve(the WE being the top of the tree) it can also be used as a partial pre via internal jumpers should you wish. has usb, coax, and fibre digital inputs and 2 analogue inputs.
    Thanka for the info.

Online I cannot find the impedance it supports, regarding headphones.
    I will keep looking.

I'm Grant.

ask on a thread. Plenty folk here have one or had... sure some have used various cans like sennys. I use planers, and they are not hard to drive.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Luis.

ask on a thread. Plenty folk here have one or had... sure some have used various cans like sennys. I use planers, and they are not hard to drive.
    Never had any planars. What is the difference?

I'm Grant.

I prefer their sound. Less distortion and a midpoint between dynamic and electrostatic.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Tony.

interesting. I know of someone who did same comparison re topping and XS and felt it went the other way by quite a bit. Just shows we are all looking for something different. I love my XS, especially with the WE valve in.
    Having listened to the Topping for a bit longer than 5 mins I can now hear how different the two DACs sound from each other.

I don't use my XS with the valve as I prefer it SS but it definitely has a warmer sound than the D30 but less detail.

The D30 is a far cleaner sound but it perhaps a little flatter sounding in my system. Using it with a LPS seems to really beef out the sound especially the low end but may be introducing a little edge.

At the moment I can't make up my mind which I prefer and will do a little side by side comparisons after work this evening...
    VPI Scout 1.1, Hana ML, Vanderveen MC10 SUT, WAD Phono3, Rpi3B+/Digione Signature, Xiang Sheng DAC-01, WAD KiT6550 and Reiver Edingdale SR

I'm Tony.

Well having slipped off from work early and listened to these two DACs side by side I can safely say to my ears they are chalk and cheese.

To my ears and in my system the D30 is a more detailed sound but has less tone and impact in my system than the XS.

In a very warm system I can see how this may appeal.

But as I prefer a warm sound I'm going to stick with the XS.
    VPI Scout 1.1, Hana ML, Vanderveen MC10 SUT, WAD Phono3, Rpi3B+/Digione Signature, Xiang Sheng DAC-01, WAD KiT6550 and Reiver Edingdale SR

I'm Grant.

try the valve side with a good valve in. it might draw you in.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Tony.

try the valve side with a good valve in. it might draw you in.
    So far I've tried it with a JAN GE and a Voshkod tube but preferred the SS.

I'd try the WE tube but its just so pricey importing from the states...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast