+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: IP address issues with R-Pi

I'm Bill.

Thanks for your help fellas, but life is too short for this!

Think I'll just plug my Dragonfly into my phone and move the Pi on.
    Chord Mojo / Sennheiser HD600

I'm Simon.

p.s. Still enjoying the SpaceDeck!

I'm Bill.

Quote Originally Posted by simonh View Post
    p.s. Still enjoying the SpaceDeck!
    Great to hear that!
    Chord Mojo / Sennheiser HD600

I'm Grant.

guessing the hostname will be raspberrypi but no idea how to find it that way. think i cleared all the ips and then started again, putting the rpi on last. its stayed that way ever since.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

What options do you see when you log into your router on your computer?
    The problem appears to be one of lease renewal, so if you can locate where static IP or DHCP reservation is on the router you can stop the route reallocating things.

You can see here where devices that I do not want to go walkabout on my network have reserved IPs

Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm Grant.

Ha, I dont know what happened but I lost control of my moode ips etc didnt work... had to scrub it and try volumio. got that working. crazy old world; that moode has not blinked for an age....
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

after all sorts of issues volumio2 is working now and with spotify integration. Ive even managed to map the hdd connected to it(that took a while lol) not tried sending anything to it but can see it and the music on it. Win 10 last update screwed with smd etc so was locked out.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Stephen.

I get this with Volumio. When revisiting the Pi after 24 hours break Volumio.local/ does not work. I turn off the WiFi and then back on at the host computer and it then connects fine. Might be worth a try.

I'm Grant.

Default IP address issues with R-Pi

in control panel I went into widows features(in programs, turn features on/off, on left) and checked that SMB 1.0 was enabled. one of the 3 wasnt The server. so I manually did it and restarted the pc... seemed to work.
    I did try other things too but think that was the one that let me map the network drive(volumio's hdd...)
    Last edited by struth; 28-07-2018 at 20:40.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Mike.

You need to assign static IP's in your router settings, most provider supplied routers have the ability to change settings locked down and / or aren't as flexible when it comes to anything else than straight forward setups.

As the late Colonel Sanders once said
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken!!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123