+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WANTED - Radford STA25

I'm Charlie.

Default WANTED - Radford STA25

Hi all,

Looking for a Radford STA 25 to pair with my Tannoy Arden Mk1s!

Unfortunately, I never managed to recover my money from a scammer (or my bank) who I last tried to buy an amp from through an online classified site, so not overflowing with cash... But for the right amp I would find the money!

Given my last experience, I am also sticking to buying through safer methods - would love to find this dream amp through someone on the forum!

Cheers!

Charlie

I'm Edward.

Charlie, have you thought of asking Will at Radford Revival what he can do?
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Charlie.

Thanks, Edward. I asked a while ago but Will was pretty busy and I didn't get very far. I was also emailing, and I suspect that it might be best to give him a ring. I will definitely give him a bell and see what he says - thank you for the sensible suggestion!

I'm Edward.

Good luck whichever way forward you go. The Radford is simply out of this world in whatever guise you get one.

I'd love to push the boat out and get the remaining STA100 that Will has.

How do your Ardens sound with the TAGs driving them? I assume you still have the TAGs.
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Charlie.

I didn't know Will still had a remaining STA100... When I last spoke to him they had all been snapped up by people... maybe someone had to cancel? But as you say, I think they are pretty punchy price-wise so not sure I can push the boat out. Will need a new pre-amp also so that will add another expense!

I don't use the TAGs - will give them back to my Dad who had bought them for me as a present from a friend. Unfortunately, they sound all wrong with the speakers - for whatever reason (perhaps too much power?) there is no definition in the sound. I am currently using an old basic Rega Mira amp which I have had for a decade or so. It actually does a half decent job, but I know how good the speakers can sound with the right amp, and have heard a few STA25s with same generation HPD Tannoys as mine! Would love to get the Radford!

I'm Alex.

No, I'm not selling my STA25 Mk3, at least not yet! I know someone with an STA20, yes, not 15 or 25, it's a rare STA20 Mk3, he has considered selling it. It's in good working order and cosmetically very good, about as good as my 25 that I've had for around forty years.
    Spendorman

I'm Charlie.

Hi Alex,

I didn't even know that there was an STA20! Do you know anything about the model? If your friend is interested in selling it, I am sure that I would be interested in hearing more about it!

Charlie

I'm Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by Sophistry View Post
    Hi Alex,

I didn't even know that there was an STA20! Do you know anything about the model? If your friend is interested in selling it, I am sure that I would be interested in hearing more about it!

Charlie
    Hi Charlie, the STA20 is very rare, looks much like an STA15/25 Mk3. I think I have some photos of his STA20 on my computer, I will ask my friend if I can show them here, and if he wants to sell.

Best, Alex
    Spendorman

I'm Alex.

Found the pics on my PC, just waiting for permission to show them!
    Spendorman

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Sophistry View Post
    Hi Alex,

Charlie
    https://theartofsound.net/forum/show...rd-Electronics
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast