+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A simple fix

I'm James.

Default A simple fix

Hi all, the last few weeks of hot weather has meant a fan in use quite a lot. Now over this period my system, whether just listening to tv or music has become slightly harsh and generally not nice to listen to. It's only just occurred to me that the fan may be having an effect as it's plugged into the same mains block.i don't usually pay much attention to mains stuff, but having turned the fan off, all is wellI'm not going down the road of silly mains stuff but it's interesting to hear how something can affect the sound just by being plugged in the same block. I'll have to use a different socket I'm roasting
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm Adam.

Are you sure it’s not just air noise from the fan blowing into your ears?

Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Beobloke View Post
    Are you sure it’s not just air noise from the fan blowing into your ears?

Yes
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

+ Reply to Thread