+ Reply to Thread

Thread: SRM Athena Turntable and Extras

I'm Mick.

Default SRM Athena Turntable and Extras

Here for sale is my SRM Athena turntable. It is a very reluctant sale but I have to many turntables so something has to give.
    It is an amazing looking and sounding system that has given hours of pleasure. It has many upgrades from Stu at SRM Tech and its nice to have a company that is willing to chat even if just for advice.
    It comes with both the standard 10mm clear platter and also the upgraded black 20mm version that adds a lot more mass to the table and helps enhance sound. It has upgrades and damping to the main bearing and also a damping kit to the sub platter. This was all supplied by SRM. The unit sits on a black acrylic isolation platform that works well and has sorbathane feet. The arm is a reworked Rega RB 250 that Audio Origami have rewired and fettled. It comes fitted with a standard weight for the sale (Tecno weight In the pic is not included). It does not come with a cartridge but I can throw in a Ortofon OM10 to get you away(Ortofon 2m Blue not included in sale)) The turntable is enclosed by an SRM lid that enhances the looks and also keeps everything clean. It has a few marks but nothing major. As you know acrylic can be a pain to look after but it does look so good. A bit of cleaner and all should be good.
    Also for sale is the SRM High Current Power Supply. This was bought at a cosyt of £499 but well worth the money. The standard supply works well but this takes it that bit further.

Turntable with arm and a Ortofon OM 10 cart

Turntable £470

Upgraded power supply
    £350

I am also open to offers on a deal on the turntable with upgraded PSU.p Please ask as you never know what we could work out.

I may split things but only if I have a buyers for everything.

Maybe open to some type of trade for a good tone arm or PSU ,MN Bearing,ETP Platter or any other nice upgraded Technics 1210 parts.

Review on the Athena
    http://srm-tech.co.uk/epages/4c00892...8/Products/AT1

Any questions please just ask.
    [IMG]20180724_144816 by Mick B, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]20180724_144809 by Mick B, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]20180724_144126 by Mick B, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]20180724_144154 by Mick B, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]20180724_144111 by Mick B, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]20180724_143954 by Mick B, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]20180725_120313 by Mick B, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]20180725_120302 by Mick B, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]20180725_120248 by Mick B, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]20180725_120307 by Mick B, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]20180725_120253 by Mick B, on Flickr[/IMG]

Upgraded PSU in the middle of the pic

[IMG]20180724_144837 by Mick B, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]20180724_151631 by Mick B, on Flickr[/IMG]

Standard 10mm Platter

[IMG]20180725_121039 by Mick B, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]20180724_144816 by Mick B, on Flickr[/IMG]
    Last edited by Dubster68; 27-07-2018 at 16:01.
    Technics SL1210 MK2 fully rebuilt and repainted. Ortofon 2M Black Cart, Isonoe isolation feet , MN bearing and Funk Firm platter upgrade, Oyaide RCA Tone Arm and speaker cables, Jelco SA-750D Tonearm. Oyaide HS-TF Carbon headshell, MCRU Linear External PSU, High Fidelity Crystal glass turntable matt, Blue LED upgrade, Denon AVR-2808CI Amp, Bowers and Wilkins DM602S3 Speakers,
    Black Rhodium Jazz power cables for amp and turntable, Firebottle mk2 Phono Stage.

I'm Michael.

Beautiful turntable this and Dubster 68 has taken it to a new level. Great guy to deal with, buy with confidence. The heavier platter and superb power supply are significant upgrades to say nothing of the Origami Arm.

I'm Mick.

Quote Originally Posted by mikegreenwood View Post
    Beautiful turntable this and Dubster 68 has taken it to a new level. Great guy to deal with, buy with confidence. The heavier platter and superb power supply are significant upgrades to say nothing of the Origami Arm.
    Thanks for the kind words and free bump Mike��
    Technics SL1210 MK2 fully rebuilt and repainted. Ortofon 2M Black Cart, Isonoe isolation feet , MN bearing and Funk Firm platter upgrade, Oyaide RCA Tone Arm and speaker cables, Jelco SA-750D Tonearm. Oyaide HS-TF Carbon headshell, MCRU Linear External PSU, High Fidelity Crystal glass turntable matt, Blue LED upgrade, Denon AVR-2808CI Amp, Bowers and Wilkins DM602S3 Speakers,
    Black Rhodium Jazz power cables for amp and turntable, Firebottle mk2 Phono Stage.

I'm Ben.

Brings back some nice memories, I think this was mine a few years ago.

Very good TT and service from Stuart at SRM is top notch should you need anything for it.

Have bump on me.
    Technics SL1210 with
    SME IV Arm & AT OC9XML,
    Firebottle modded Tron Convergence Phono Stage,
    Bluesound Node 2i, Technics SL DZ 1200 CD
    Denon PMA1700ne amp
    Yamaha NS1000M Speakers.

I'm Grant.

good tt. used to have an srm
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Mick.

Turntable now sold.Power supply still available.

+ Reply to Thread