+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yorkshire Dales roast-off, Sep 14-16th

I'm Dave.

Default Yorkshire Dales roast-off, Sep 14-16th

The gentlemen of the (Audio) Abattoir are holding a social weekend at Hornby Laithe bunkhouse (about 2 miles north of Settle in the Yorkshire Dales) from Friday 14 Sep to Sunday 16 Sep (2 nights). We have a few spaces available and I thought that some here might be interested. There will be some kit swapping, but the emphasis will be more on banter, music, food and drink (not necessarily in that order). We will have 3 systems going in different locations, and anyone is welcome to bring kit. Cost is £30 per person for accommodation and breakfast - other food will be from contributions and an additional kitty.
    We have had two very successful events at Lopwell (Plymouth) along similar lines - pleasant, relaxed weekends.
    If you are interested then please drop me a PM.
    Cheers, Dave, aka octh

The bunkhouse is about 2 miles north of Settle, and a couple of hundred yards down a track from the road. The owners (nice folk) are in a house at the top of the track.

It has a lounge with comfy seats for 17 and room for stacking chairs as well. The barn outside has an upper lounge area with sofas for 22 and again plenty of space for smaller chairs. The barn lounge has several table games (table footy etc) and there is a table tennis table below with plenty of space around.
    The dining room will seat about 40 and could have a system in as well. The kitchen is well-equipped.
    No fire pit outside but a BBQ area with tiered levels and seating on all. We’ll have to keep outside noise down after 11 because of a campsite just up the valley, but there’s plenty of room indoors.
    There’s a pub 800 yards away if anyone gets desperate.

If you get fed up with music (really?), then there is Great Dales scenery, walking and cycling (on and off-road) from the door, plus climbing and caving for the more adventurous. Plenty of less energetic attractions too with Settle, show caves, a falconry centre and railway nearby.

Sleeping is in bunk rooms of varying sizes, with pillows provided but you will need to bring a sleeping bag, pillow case and towel. If you want to be alone you could camp in the adjoining field. Camper vans can be parked just outside the barn.

I'm Dave.

Default anyone?

564 views and no responses!
    I perhaps should have added that anyone attending is welcome to bring kit - I'll post a list of what's coming later on

I'm Dave.

... and a jolly good time was had by all. Plenty of music, kit, food, banter and booze (not necessarily in that order).

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

I hope someone took a camera!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post

I hope someone took a camera!

Marco.
    Yes, there was plenty of pig - BBQ'd and fried
    Plenty of pics on AA, I'll cull a selection and post them here

I'm mark.

What happened in Yorkshire, stays in Yorkshire

I'm Alan.

All photos coming up 404, please repost.

I'm Dave.

Can't work out the pic posting here. Plenty at https://audioabattoir.com/t/yorkshir...-16th/3333/554 and onwards
    Last edited by occasionalthinker; 18-09-2018 at 14:56.

I'm Geoff.

Can't view the Google images without opening an account, which I won't do.

Had a quick look at Audio Abattoir, no event pics immediately obvious.

Pictures are easy enough to post here with tinypic.

I'm Dave.

Pics of the event itself start on AA at https://audioabattoir.com/t/yorkshir...-16th/3333/659
    Just scroll down, easy enough!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast