+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: What Do You Look For In Good Bar Staff?

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

I meant to comment on this:

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    They were almost exclusively men's pubs - the windows you couldn't see in through and the doors were there for one reason - so the men could hide from the missus
    Ha - that's such a uniquely British thing! I could never imagine my dad wanting to do that, or me. And if Del ever caught me calling her 'the missus' or ' the wife', my balls would be served to me as canapés!!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Spilt beer mostly. But it would take care of any sick, or more likely blood too.
    Ah I see.. Mucky pups, lol!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Lol - the contents of my dungeon are between Miss Whiplash [Tabatha] and me

Marco.
    Ah. You have a dungeon Marco. I wonder if it's similar to my oubliette? I have a few 'things' hanging on the walls in chains. I don't recall any of them moving for a while though. Not sure 'the rack' agreed with them.

I'm Steve.

Oh you missed so much Marco, not least of all the women! There was at least one fit bird in every pub we went in, or at least a picture of them, scantily clad, their bits hiding behind a couple of dozen bags of big D peanuts.

Usually though, while these older folk were enjoying a few drinks at their local, we were in their houses doing rude things with their babysitters.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Mark.

Many years ago we had a barlady who, if you have her a note for payment, would generally give you more in change than the face value of the note. She was quite popular. Probably wouldn't find one like that now with all these fancy tills that do the arithmetic for you.

Oh you missed so much Marco, not least of all the women! There was at least one fit bird in every pub we went in, or at least a picture of them, scantily clad, their bits hiding behind a couple of dozen bags of big D peanuts.

Usually though, while these older folk were enjoying a few drinks at their local, we were in their houses doing rude things with their babysitters.
    Lol... I did more ganja (or magic mushy)-fuelled parties in those days than pubs, where also lots of naughty things happened, especially when parents went on holiday and we had access to an 'empty'

I loved my teenage years!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Steve.

'Shrooms' are one of the few things that passed me by in my yoof. It's on my bucket list, and I think about it every September, then next news it's November and I think 'Shit, I forgot again, maybe next year'.

So I settle for a tin of Heinz cream of mushroom soup. With some crusty bread tastes magic.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Hugh.

So I settle for a tin of Heinz cream of mushroom soup. With some crusty bread tastes magic.
    Nah, you need to try Baxter's Luxury Mushroom Potage!

I'm Martin.

Unless you get a cold, damp September, which is rare, then early October is your best time. Cricket pitches in the early mornings. Any sports field where they keep the cut very short really but cricket pitches are best. Illegal to even pick them now I think, it wasn't when I last did it in about '91.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Unless you get a cold, damp September, which is rare, then early October is your best time. Cricket pitches in the early mornings. Any sports field where they keep the cut very short really but cricket pitches are best. Illegal to even pick them now I think, it wasn't when I last did it in about '91.
    I'd be happy with some Chitrall (or 'Paki Black' as we used to call it - but that's not PC these days).
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast