+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thought I was happy with my system... 😩

I'm Craig.

Default Thought I was happy with my system... 😩

Hi I currently have a Cambridge audio bd752 and am using it as a hub switching all my sources through it to my yamaha a-s1100 which I love. My speakers are dali epicon 2's which I am also happy with but I recently swapped my metrum for the bd752 but am not that happy if I am honest.
    I have another blu-ray player that I can use and am considering selling the Cambridge. It's a great piece of kit but feel I could do better if I bought a dac instead maybe a beresford caiman seg or I have seen a young m2tech on ebay that's looks promising. I am looking for opinions and advice really regarding my best move forward thanks? : )

I'm Mike.

I have a SEG and a Xiang Sheng 01a if you want to try either one but not at the same time cos I’d miss my tunes.

I'm Craig.

Mikey you are an absolute gentleman I would love take you up on that offer much appreciated mate.

I'm gone.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post
    I have a SEG and a Xiang Sheng 01a if you want to try either one but not at the same time cos I’d miss my tunes.
    Excellent choices.
    I think you'll be surprised how much better these sound than what the big name makes can muster and at a small fraction of the price.
    Also consider a SMSL M8 or a Topping D30. I'm using a D30 with a linear PSU at the moment - amazing little thing!

I'm Craig.

I did see the SMSL M8 that you had for sale Jerry and was very tempted. I miss my metrum if I am honest but like the look of the beresford. I need multiple inputs as my sources are a sonos z90, x box one x, optical out for my TV and possibly optical out from my bluray player but think I might be struggling regarding inputs.

I'm Craig.

I did see the SMSL M8 that you had for sale Jerry and was very tempted. I miss my metrum if I am honest but like the look of the beresford. I need multiple inputs as my sources are a sonos z90, x box one x, optical out for my TV and possibly optical out from my bluray player but think I might be struggling regarding inputs.

I'm gone.

Yes, that is a limitation with the cheap Chinese superDACs. They usually only have one input per connection type. I only need two, coax for my Halide Bridge USB converter and I'm happy to use optical for my DVD player.

Mind you, if you need more inputs buy an extra DAC - they are cheap enough for this to be sensible!

I'm Mike.

SEG has 2 optical, 1 coax and 1 USB, not sure if that's enough for you though.

I'm Craig.

Mikey think it might be fine as I am going to use analogue outs on the blu ray player as I only use it for blu-ray playback and don't hear that much of a difference. My only concern is 5.1 sound coming from the TV occasionally as I can't alter the setting for this on my Panasonic 58dx902 which is a known issue. Apart from that I think it would fit the bill nicely mate?

I'm Craig.

Any opinions on the young m2tech on ebay for £249 I have never heard one?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast