+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Visual Rio interconnects.

I'm Graham.

Default Visual Rio interconnects.

I had installed my CD player (NAD C515BEE) 3 metres (10 feet in old money) from my amp (NAD C326BEE) using what I now know were cheapo interconnects from Maplin, because I couldn't find any other interconnects of that length in the house at the time. I never used the CD much as I am a Vinyl fan, and never really bothered to take note of how the CD sounded until I noticed what sounded like sibilance while listening to an operatic CD recently and, on a whim, replaced the interconnects with a set of Fisual Rio cables. Oh, wow, what a difference. It was as though I had binned the entire system and replaced it with a new one. No comparison at all. Definitely no more sibilance, and a much more open sound stage, with more transparent highs and more controlled, deeper lows. Does anyone else have any experience with Fisual Rio cables? They are quite stiff compared to my much shorter Van Damme cables, which are much more supple and I therefore presume that they may be co-axial? I don't want to rip the heat-shrink seal off of the connector to find out.
    GrahamS - It's not what you hear that counts, it's what you think you hear........

Present Kit: NAD 326BEE, NAD C515BEE CD player, JVC QL-7 DD turntable, JVC Tonearm, Shure M97Ve, Audio Technica AT95EX, Pickering V15, JVC Z1E, Wharfedale Diamond 230s, Visual Rio interconnects and My Ears.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by GrahamS View Post
    I had installed my CD player (NAD C515BEE) 3 metres (10 feet in old money) from my amp (NAD C326BEE) using what I now know were cheapo interconnects from Maplin, because I couldn't find any other interconnects of that length in the house at the time. I never used the CD much as I am a Vinyl fan, and never really bothered to take note of how the CD sounded until I noticed what sounded like sibilance while listening to an operatic CD recently and, on a whim, replaced the interconnects with a set of Fisual Rio cables. Oh, wow, what a difference. It was as though I had binned the entire system and replaced it with a new one. No comparison at all. Definitely no more sibilance, and a much more open sound stage, with more transparent highs and more controlled, deeper lows. Does anyone else have any experience with Fisual Rio cables? They are quite stiff compared to my much shorter Van Damme cables, which are much more supple and I therefore presume that they may be co-axial? I don't want to rip the heat-shrink seal off of the connector to find out.
    Hi Graham,

Fisual do make decent cables. I use some of their S-FLEX speaker cable and found it to be excellent.

As far as interconnects go, i am not surprised you have noticed a difference from the Van Damme stuff. I personally think VD cables are not very good. The only set I tried and liked were the ultra low cap stuff.

Well done on finding some cables you like. It's always good to recognise that cables make a difference.

Oliver.

I'm Graham.

Thanks for the feedback, Oliver.
    GrahamS - It's not what you hear that counts, it's what you think you hear........

Present Kit: NAD 326BEE, NAD C515BEE CD player, JVC QL-7 DD turntable, JVC Tonearm, Shure M97Ve, Audio Technica AT95EX, Pickering V15, JVC Z1E, Wharfedale Diamond 230s, Visual Rio interconnects and My Ears.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Where did the Van Damme cables fit into your system? I'm a bit confused as you refer to "cheapo interconnects from Maplin" being used to connect between your CD player and amplifier. Is it these that have been replaced by Fisual Rio cables?
    Barry

I'm Graham.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Where did the Van Damme cables fit into your system? I'm a bit confused as you refer to "cheapo interconnects from Maplin" being used to connect between your CD player and amplifier. Is it these that have been replaced by Fisual Rio cables?
    The Van Damm cables connect the phono amp to the amplifier and (when I had one) the tape deck to the amplifier. These are all 1m in length because all of this gear is housed in the same console. The 3m "cheapo" cables were connecting the CD player to the amp, which are 3m apart.

+ Reply to Thread