View Poll Results: Should political discussions be banned on AoS?

Voters
156. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

76 48.72%
  • No

80 51.28%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Should political discussions be banned on AoS?

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Completely agree, Andy. Tony does his own thing, as he's both very interested himself in politics and has 'aligned' the off-topic section of his forum to cater for the regulars who enjoy indulging in rather serious political discussion, which is fine. It's now become part of pfm's identity.

AoS, in that respect, is totally different. This is very much a hi-fi and music forum, with an off-topic section tagged on, essentially for folks to indulge in some harmless fun/banter, or chats about footy, food/drink, cars and such, which appeals to our regulars, although of course anyone is welcome to join in

Very 'dry', serious, in-depth political debates, like you say, are best carried out elsewhere.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Alan.

I think I am going to vote No, as I think the forum should reflect its open and inclusive nature.
    It's great to have adult and childish banter, given that it is just banter.

Anyway where have I put my trousers? I can't hear them from being at a festival all weekend.

PS Can we boot all the politicians into the next century rather than getting personal with each other on here?

I'm Deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    What do you mean, daftee, there is a button for you to vote Yes or No!

Marco.
    I think you were in the process of creating the poll - or perhaps I was still half asleep .
    Account Deleted

Lol - or it could've been the Tapatalk thing?

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm joe.

Me too, unless it's one of my 'pet topics', such as Scottish Independence, which I'm extremely passionate about!
    The secret is not to have any 'pet topics', because then you can be laid-back about whatever is said about anything.

Indeed, but you can't help what you care deeply about, and I care *VERY* deeply and passionately about Scottish Independence, and ending unfair and unjust Westminster rule! But that's for another day

Marco.
    Main System

I'm joe.

I don't care about anything very deeply, other than my family's health and well-being. I can generally see both sides of an argument, so am unlikely to go overboard when presented with an opinion that differs from my own. That applies to hifi as much as to politics.

Well, we're all different. Remember, you're a 'stiff upper-lip' type, rather laid back Englishman. I'm a hotblooded, fiery temperamental and emotional Latin, prone to getting passionate/uptight about all sorts!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm joe.

Well, we're all different. Remember, you're a 'stiff upper-lip' type, rather laid back Englishman. I'm a hotblooded, fiery temperamental and emotional Latin, prone to getting passionate/uptight about all sorts!

Marco.
    Actually, I'm one-half dour, Presbyterian Lowland Scots, one-quarter happy-go-lucky Irish Catholic, and only one quarter 'stiff upper-lip' Englishman. Even that one quarter English is Northern (Lancashire) rather than Southern.

Ah, so one could call you a cultured 'mongrel'?

Marco.
    Main System

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast