View Poll Results: Should political discussions be banned on AoS?

Voters
156. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

76 48.72%
  • No

80 51.28%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425

Thread: Should political discussions be banned on AoS?

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Lol - recycled fart gas is both cheap and environmentally friendly!

Seriously though, we don't use so much gas, as the wood burner heats the whole house. No matter how cold it is outside, if necessary you can get it like a sauna inside, simply by burning some old bits of wood!

Marco.
    I've heard that big Tannoys can keep a wood burner going for hours Right I'm going to run away very quickly now.

The only Tannoys I've ever heard were some little jobbies in Richer Sounds.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Ha - my 'old wardrobes', from the 60s, are made of Formica, so it wouldn't be much good for using in a wood burner!

It's always nice and cosy here in the winter, with the fire roaring (in time with my arse, lol), relaxing listening to choons....

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Steve.

Methinks you're trying to test me - that's a Ditton 15xr. My mum had a pair of those and very nice they were too.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

Yes it is, shweety, and a modified one with improved crossover, too - sounds fab....that is, when used along with the other one!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm James.

Nice woodburner. Bet that has not seen any action recently!
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

Lol - not since May! And it most likely won't see any more now until October. Fantastic things, though, We had an open fire in the inglenook, before then, and it was great, but it used *so* much more fuel, and most of the heat went up the chimney! The wood burner is simply much more efficient.

For me, there's nothing quite as satisfying or comforting as a real log or coal fire. I simply can't get on with electric or gas heaters, as they give me a headache, and I find the heat that they produce rather stuffy/oppressive and unnatural.

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Neil.

Default Should political discussions be banned on AoS?

Coal on the bottom, logs on top. Best of both worlds. I love the smell and flame of logs, but love that a coal base will last 4hrs+ done right, and will immediately ignite any logs thrown on top.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

Yup, Neil, that's exactly what we do! But it has to be smokeless coal

One thing I don't miss in the summer months is cleaning the bugger out and setting it every day!!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Neil.

Default Should political discussions be banned on AoS?

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Yup, Neil, that's exactly what we do! But it has to be smokeless coal

One thing I don't miss in the summer months is cleaning the bugger out and setting it every day!!

Marco.
    All the way, Excel smokeless for me, or ‘Superheat’ if you are careful as it’s a bit cokey for a stove - am not allowed to use household coal in my area anyway.

Hmm yeah my chimney is due a clean... I never really bother cleaning out the stove though, except for removing the ashpan and cleaning the glass.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

Lol - I'm a bit of a clean fiend, in that respect, so clean ours out everyday, including polishing the glass 'window', as I like to see the flames! We paid a lot of money for ours too (around £1500, it's a Charnwood Country 4), so I always look after things that have cost a significant amount of dosh

Our chimney is cleaned once a year, just before the wood burner is about to used for winter, which is usually around October. We have a very friendly chimney sweep!

Marco.
    Main System

+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425