View Poll Results: Should political discussions be banned on AoS?

Voters
156. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

76 48.72%
  • No

80 51.28%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Should political discussions be banned on AoS?

I'm Mark.

yeah because the rest of us would miss that tirade sooo much

I'm joe.

I find them hilariously funny, myself.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by rdpx View Post
    Marco, if you ban political discussion you have to think about how you will cope not being able to talk about it when Scotland have another independence referendum, after the evil Theresa May forces them to leave the EU against the express will of the Scottish people?

Yeah, Robert, good point! Seriously though, I'm all for allowing discussion, not stifling it, so I will keep my promise of giving the 'Nos' the nod, if the voting at the end is tight

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Markiii View Post
    yeah because the rest of us would miss that tirade sooo much
    Tell me, Mark, do you know any chinless wonders?

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Mark.

maybe if you could describe the attributes rather than just throw names at them, I'd be able to answer that question.

as its stand that kind of description just seem like insults rather than critique, which to my mind resembles the "Play the man not the ball" approach you claim to despise

Quote Originally Posted by Markiii View Post
    maybe if you could describe the attributes rather than just throw names at them, I'd be able to answer that question.
    See here: https://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/92000.html and here: https://www.urbandictionary.com/defi...nless%20wonder

There are plenty of them in Westminster, and particularly in the House of Commons ('hoorays', who almost certainly couldn't give a damn about Scottish interests), being paid handsomely for doing fuck all!

I don't want idiots like that making decisions that could potentially affect my life, especially if I'm Scottish and have little affinity with the English mentality 'darn sarf', which is why if I were still living in Scotland, I'd want to completely divorce myself from it and Westminster rule.

As for playing the man not the ball, I'm not referring to anyone here as a "chinless wonder", so that rule doesn't apply, unless of course you consider yourself as one, in which case I'll gladly apologise and withdraw my remark

Marco.
    Main System

I'm bob.

Surely all the people voting to ban political discussions don't join in those discussions anyway?

Who got banned by the way, and why? Nobody on that thread really seems to have done anything offensive enough to merit that!

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Stuff that happened behind the scenes caused the ban, Mark, not anything on the thread itself, as is often the case in these matters. ff1d1l was the offender.

Anyway, let's leave that one there, as it's done and dusted, and he no longer has any right of reply.

Marco.
    Main System

I'm AndyElectroNumpty.

Overall id prefer you police peoples behaviour, rather than the subject matter. Which I thinknyou do already.
    Civilized discussions about politics where people respect other points of view can be had. But it takes a bit of work .

Would a ban be

A hard ban?
    A soft ban?
    A ban in name only ?

I'm malcolm.

Quote Originally Posted by smangus View Post
    Overall id prefer you police peoples behaviour, rather than the subject matter.
    That's the problem as I see it - policing takes time and effort, not to mention the stress in dealing with the issues - much easier to forbid political discussion and always nip it in the bud that having to watch every thread where it is happening and dealing with the consequences (there always seem to be some where politics are concerned as that's what it is about). But whatever the final outcome of the vote guys, please don't make Marco's life more difficult afterwards.
    Audiophile Tosher

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast