+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PassLabs x2.5 pre-amp.

I'm Stephen.

Thanks for the responses guys.
    Has anyone compared a Pass preamp to a Bryston? Say the BP26?

I'm John.

@Spook
    Your not that far from me (Chichester) have you ever had a listen to the MasterSound PHL5? I have one and they are superb, but don't come up for sale very often. Your more than welcome to come and have a listen, bring your pre as well and do an A/B if you want.

I'm Stephen.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurch View Post
    @Spook
    Your not that far from me (Chichester) have you ever had a listen to the MasterSound PHL5? I have one and they are superb, but don't come up for sale very often. Your more than welcome to come and have a listen, bring your pre as well and do an A/B if you want.
    Offer much appreciated Lurch but I run a pair of Adam active speakers which need a balanced output from the preamp. I don’t think the Mastersound has these?
    Cheers,
    Steve.

I'm Dennis.

What are your ADAMs Stephen? And, what do you think, and are you happy with them?

I'm Stephen.

Hi Russell,

I'm very happy indeed with them! I've been running them through my Pass Labs Aleph P and they sound superb. I'm thinking of getting another preamp just to see if I can get something a tad more neutral and revealing, (not that the Pass is poor in that respect). I'm considering an alternative Pass model, a Bryston BP26 or possibly an Ayre K1. I doubt any will make a huge difference but it would be good to get the best from the front end and the speakers.

How are you getting on with your new speakers? I can't imagine they are anything other than mightily impressive!

Hope you are keeping well mate.

Steve.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12