+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Vacuum cleaners an antidote to Brexit.

I'm James.

Default Vacuum cleaners an antidote to Brexit.

I have had about 5 vacuum cleaners over the last 30 years.

First up was a Hoover upright which had a bloated bag strapped inside a pouch dangling from the handle. It produced more dust than it sucked up so it was sent to Hoover heaven.

Next up was a second hand Hoover floating ball. It was a bit like a hovercraft and floated around on a cushion of air that was cunningly engineered from within the beast itself. I liked this. Ancient pedigree from the 1960's but attachments became scarce especially the hose which split and gentle covered the house in dust. Sent to Hoover heaven.

Third vacuum cleaner was another upright, again from the house of Hoover. This was an update of Hoover one with bag of dusty entrails but encased in hard shell. Probably due to EU regulations this device was throttled back so failed on its principle function. It could not suck up anything bigger than a grain of rice.
    Frustration and motor noise sent this to Hoover heaven.

Fourth machine was a red bucket device with a smiling sinister face. This machine was the opposite of machine 3. It almost removed the carpets and was dangerous if the suction tube came near to anything delicate sent to hoover heaven as it created havoc and could not be controlled.

Finally a posh German device built like a tiger tank with a controllable motor. Ear defenders need to be worn on high settings. This device is still with me and seems to be in for the long haul as it shows no signs of breaking down or misbehaving.

Anyone got any Hoover horror stories they wish to share?
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm John.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post

Finally a posh German device built like a tiger tank with a controllable motor. Ear defenders need to be worn on high settings. This device is still with me and seems to be in for the long haul as it shows no signs of breaking down or misbehaving.
    Is it a Miele? I've got one and they are the business.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I'm Martin.

You had a 'Henry' then? He is a fiend as this video demonstrates:

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...28&FORM=VDQVAP
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Crackles View Post
    Is it a Miele? I've got one and they are the business.

It is John. Nice machine.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

I'm John.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    It is John. Nice machine.
    I inherited mine from my mum after she died. No way I was letting that go to the tip with most of the other stuff. At one time she had six cats and it was the only hoover that could get the carpets hair-free.

I'm Geoff.

I had a few decent vacuum cleaners, including the 'aquavac' sort of thing, but these days I'm using an ultra cheapo effort from Tesco. It works brilliantly, bags of power, compact and light. The only negative is that removing the filter for a clean could be easier, but no big deal.

I'm Grant.

not heard of john vacuums.... ive currently got 3... upstairs is a hugely powered panasonic that is so powerful the cable gets hot, but is pretty poor at sucking via the bar, which is its main job, but from the hose you could hold a kid over a precipice safely lol..
    main duties is my vax cylinder, which can wash too.. its very good for the money. third is an electric hand held for stairs etc and has a powered belt bar, and is very effective. had this for years and it looks like it will last forever. cant remember the make, but got it in argos in linlithow one winters day. does a great job of the car too..
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    not heard of john vacuums.... ive currently got 3... upstairs is a hugely powered panasonic that is so powerful the cable gets hot, but is pretty poor at sucking via the bar, which is its main job, but from the hose you could hold a kid over a precipice safely lol..
    main duties is my vax cylinder, which can wash too.. its very good for the money. third is an electric hand held for stairs etc and has a powered belt bar, and is very effective. had this for years and it looks like it will last forever. cant remember the make, but got it in argos in linlithow one winters day. does a great job of the car too..
    Sounds like you have every possibility covered there Grant.

I'm Grant.

lol, yup, but it wasnt an active decision; just worked out that way. the panasonic is well designed it everything bar its main use...hoovering carpets other than that its a work of mad genius. Put it upstairs to save me having to wait on someone heaving a hoover up for me. i got the vax in a swap with son as he had it for washing but it was too complicated so i swapped him my bissel. i dont wash much as ive no pets etc now, so use it downstairs as its remarkably good with the power head i bought from lidl for it. the stair one was got due to frustration of having to do stairs with a normal vacuum. this thing is great and the brush has a flip up window bar shield to allow brushing in to vertical or horizontal.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

I've had a Miele upright since 2005 and it's as good today as it was then. Expensive to buy yes, but quality remains long after the price is forgotten
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast