+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Vacuum cleaners an antidote to Brexit.

I'm Alex.

The correct terminology is suction cleaner, I was told this when I started working for Electrolux, if one called it a Hoover, that would be a mark against you!

I later went on to work for Sunbeam Rowenta, they also made suction cleaners.

The best domestic suction cleaner that I have purchased was a Philips HR6800, so good I purchased another, 25 years or so on, both are still fine. No, I never worked for Philips, but my Dad designed some of their factory in Croydon!
    Last edited by spendorman; 20-08-2018 at 17:51.
    Spendorman

I'm Grant.

philips always made good stuff in the day. were an inventive company too
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    philips always made good stuff in the day. were an inventive company too
    It's all value-engineered these days and made in China.
    Barry

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian7633 View Post
    I did have a G-tech air ram but wasn't impressed and sold it on fairly quickly.
    My mother has a G-Tech thing and if you attempt to view it as a vacuum cleaner then it fails on all counts. If you view it as a modern, battery operated version of those 1970s Bissel carpet sweepers, however, then it’s passable.
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm Dominic.

I am in a VAX period at the moment. Had 3 of their carpet washers and the first one worked well but the noise it made was absolutely deafening. Bought a quieter one that didn't pick up half the water of the previous one and leaked water when not being used. Last year I bought an "all terrain" VAX top of the range beast that cleans carpets and lino which has driven brushes and a hot air dryer built in and that really does work well, although the plastic bits are rather fragile, especially the two water tank's handles.

Had a small VAX cylinder which was like fighting with an Anaconda as the hose wanted to do it's own thing, so we bought a VAX battery powered one that picks up OK for about 5 minutes, then you spend 20 minutes or more unclogging and emptying out the tiny dust compartment plus several filters otherwise the suck reduces almost to zero. There is a rubber flap non return valve wotsit just before the dust compartment and that clogs very easily as well, so the tube blocks up solid within seconds, so as you power it off a torrent of dust and crumbs falls out onto the carpet you have just cleaned. Now have a Dyson animal model that does the job of the useless VAX battery powered contraption and even then the build quality of the Dyson is dire although it does pick up the dog hairs.
    CD player = Marantz CD6006
    DAC/pre = Rotel RC 1572
    Power amp = ADA PF201
    Speaks = Quadral Chromium Style 6

I'm Kevin.

I have a Miele Cat and Dog and a Karcher workshop vac in my house in Aveyron.
    I have a Vorwerk Kobold, a Dyson cylinder and a cheap Titan workshop vac in Toulouse.
    The Vorwerk is awesome, but it should be for the price.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345