+ Reply to Thread

Thread: the glory of old gear

I'm Kevin.

Default the glory of old gear

Hi,I'm a newbie,kjw62,the 'k' standing for Kevin,located in northern England.For what it's worth I'm a music teacher and I'm especially fond of Latin American guitar music,Mexican being a particular favourite.I am currently in the process of resurrecting an old system which has great sentimental value for me.Questions are sure to follow!!

I'm Martin.

Hi Kevin, welcome to the forum.

What is the 'old system' then?
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Geoff.

Hello Kevin. Welcome to AOS.

Yes tell us what equipment you are resurrecting.

I'm sure you'll find plenty to interest you here, so just join in and chat.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.

I'm Kevin.

Default Replacement bits for old gear

Well,first of all you have to recognize I'm getting on a bit! I have an old Trio KA3700 amp,still going strong after over 40 years,never had a problem with it....except of course I've jinxed it now!! Of the same age I have a pair of Celestion Ditton 551's,which I seem to remember cost me more than I could realistically afford at the time,but I'm sure you know how it is. More obscure is a Micro Seiki MB-10 deck which needs a new belt----any ideas where I can get one? Also,I have an Ortofon VMS20CE Mark2 cartridge which I need to get a new stylus for,does anyone know if the VMS20 series styli are generic/interchangeable? All suggestions greatfully received!!

I'm Geoff.

"getting on a bit"? Bet you're younger than some here.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MICRO-SEI...IAAOSwGIRXZWma

Didn't the 551's run as a parallel model to the 442?

I'm Kevin.

Default Replacement bits for old gear

Thanks for the link! Don't know about the 442,but the 551 is pretty big.I was working as a musician at the time I bought them,so home during the day,which is when I set them up.I remember my wife coming home from work that evening and sarcastically asking what time the band was coming on!

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by kjw62 View Post
    I bought them,so home during the day,which is when I set them up.I remember my wife coming home from work that evening and sarcastically asking what time the band was coming on!
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

+ Reply to Thread