+ Reply to Thread

Thread: For Sale: W.A.D KEL84 Valve Amplifier

I'm Alan.

Default For Sale: W.A.D KEL84 Valve Amplifier

More space needed, so here is my World Audio Design KEL84 up for sale.

This is a super little EL84 valve amplifier and an ideal way to start with valves. About 12 / 14 Watts per side and sounds very sweet.
    I completely rebuilt this one in 2016, so essentially a new build. It has the latest 3.4 version of the World Design board, a great improvement on the original, and the WD relay selector board installed, which removes feet of input wiring and makes for a much neater build.
    It has fast diodes and improved capacitors in the HT and Schottky diodes and increased smoothing in the LT supply. High quality and up-rated components, Mills, Takman, Nichicon, Alps, etc. used throughout.
    (Plenty more details on the World Designs website and forum http://www.world-designs.co.uk/forum/ )

I can supply it with Mullard ECF80s and matched Russian 6P14Ps pictured or with the original kit valves, which are a little tired, if you have or want to get your own choice.

Cosmetics are good, please see the pictures. The transformer covers do have a few scratches, they are not the chromed version and are hard to photograph, but do polish up nicely if you want to. All the original paper work etc. is included.

Asking £350 plus postage with the Mullards/6P14P or £325 plus post with the 'kit valves'.

More pictures here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/UDBLGDBa1bW2bV5p7

I'm Steve.

These are excellent amps. Punchy but sweet. Nothing will touch this at that price. Built like a tank too.

I'm Alan.

Still for sale.

Happy to discuss the price if interested.

Alan

I'm Mel.

PM on its way
    Mel

I'm Alan.

Thanks everyone.

Now Sold.

+ Reply to Thread