+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BMB’s Noise Maker

I'm Lee.

Them b+w are my dream lottery win speakers,whole system is to be honest,beautiful.

I'm Jason.

Quote Originally Posted by cueball1981 View Post
    Hi

Awesome system BTW! Looks stunning too! If you ever do 'streamline the system', I'd be very interested in parts or ALL of it! Let me know! :-)
    The streamlining has commenced, the Blu CD transport and QBD76 has been replaced with a Chord Red Reference MKIII CD player which freed up a shelf for my Melco N1A to slot back into the system, but I have long term plans for a second system with the now surplus items.

I'm Jason.

Quote Originally Posted by hornucopia View Post
    A bit 'I know best' here?
    I once ran a test with fellow vinyl hardcore people, Sat them in front of a Rock playing a record.
    After the usual comments about how much better/'real' etc., the sound was, I lifted the arm.
    Music kept going -it was a CD playing.

I tend to be in the camp where mastering/production is more important than the source medium.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Lovely system - you are clearly a fan of Chord gear.
    Barry

I'm Jason.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Lovely system - you are clearly a fan of Chord gear.
    I’m not sure what gave you that idea!

I’d like to say that’s all the Chord gear but that would be a lie!!!

I stumbled across Chord by accident, once I knew which speakers I wanted I knew I’d need an amplifier with a bit of muscle and was looking at the usual suspects Krell, Musical Fidelity etc.. when I saw a review for a Chord Pre/Power combination. Luckily I managed to hear it at the old Heathrow Hifi show and at a local dealer, who also stocked B&W. While I liked what I heard I was still undecided as Chord were a relatively new company and longevity/reliability/servicing were a bit of an unknown quantity. It wasn’t until I saw their list of commercial and pro-audio customers that it became a bit of a no brainier and I took the plunge. Almost two decades later I’m very happy with my decision.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12