+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Getting my Lenco back into the Fold!

I'm Andy.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    looks pretty snazzy
    Thanks Grant
    Main system:
    Analogue.
    Michell Orbe with arm decoupling kit & Pete's Pylons. SME V arm, Denon DL103M (FGS), Firebottle OPT MKII phono amp
    Technic SP-10 in Obsidian plinth, AT1010 PMAC v8b arm, Goldring Elite MC Cart and BB3 Phono Amp
    Leak Lenco GL75 with Ortofon OM10 cartridge
    Technics RS-BX404 Cassette Deck
    Network Player.
    Raspberry PI plus R2-R DAC (also used as a CD player) plus Pi NAS Server
    Digital.
    Philips DCC 730 player
    Marantz CD50SE
    Amp.
    Audiolab 8000A
    Speakers.
    Reiver Jenna floor standers
    HeadPhones.
    Sennheiser HD545 Ref, HD600, HD477

I'm Andy.

New bolts arrived today so I could fix the cartridge on the head-shell (ordered nylon bolts and nuts with washers as only £4 for 10)
    It works and sounds pretty good so far. A little tweaking with the pivot to spindle distance (running at 295 at the mo).
    A few pictures:

More tweaking to come no doubt
    Main system:
    Analogue.
    Michell Orbe with arm decoupling kit & Pete's Pylons. SME V arm, Denon DL103M (FGS), Firebottle OPT MKII phono amp
    Technic SP-10 in Obsidian plinth, AT1010 PMAC v8b arm, Goldring Elite MC Cart and BB3 Phono Amp
    Leak Lenco GL75 with Ortofon OM10 cartridge
    Technics RS-BX404 Cassette Deck
    Network Player.
    Raspberry PI plus R2-R DAC (also used as a CD player) plus Pi NAS Server
    Digital.
    Philips DCC 730 player
    Marantz CD50SE
    Amp.
    Audiolab 8000A
    Speakers.
    Reiver Jenna floor standers
    HeadPhones.
    Sennheiser HD545 Ref, HD600, HD477

I'm gerald.

I am soon to be a Lenco GL75 owner I have had it for a great price my only plans in time is upgrade the arm and a new plinth and perhaps the double platter mod

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by diviy View Post
    I am soon to be a Lenco GL75 owner I have had it for a great price my only plans in time is upgrade the arm and a new plinth and perhaps the double platter mod
    Why not leave it standard? It's a good sounding deck anyway and nice examples that haven't been butchered are becoming scarce.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm brian.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Why not leave it standard? It's a good sounding deck anyway and nice examples that haven't been butchered are becoming scarce.
    Good point. I have a Swiss transcription / hmv, best parts etc one thats practically mint, and its saying like that. Understand the desire to upgrade to best sound, of course.
    Nice one Andy.

I'm Geoff.

I recall somebody on here using a ZYX R100 in the standard Lenco arm with good results (was Ali Tait or Firebottle I think).
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Pavel.

The Lenco arm is viable as long as the tonearm wire is not corroded. In my Lenco, the tonearm wire was literally green with oxidation, and they're next to impossible to rewire because the headshell socket can't be removed from the armtube without destroying it in the process. The socket is epoxied into the tube and additionally fixed with a pin which is also epoxied in place.

I'm gerald.

Why not leave it standard? It's a good sounding deck anyway and nice examples that haven't been butchered are becoming scarce
    I am going to leave it std for now If I do get a new plinth made it will look like a std plinth but be better built.I have been told that`s one of the main let downs of the gl75 .
    The turntable has been totally rebuilt new v blocks in the arm upgraded bearing system the top plate was in a right mess so it has been powder coated but in time if i can find a mint original top plate there is that option to return it original .Any recommendations for a cartridge ?

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by diviy View Post
    Any recommendations for a cartridge ?
    I'd avoid Deccas and Grados, they can hum in Lencos.

How about the high output version of the Goldring Eroica MC? It's not a well known cartridge, but reputed to sound rather good. I have the low output version which I like a lot.

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I recall somebody on here using a ZYX R100 in the standard Lenco arm with good results (was Ali Tait or Firebottle I think).
    That would have been me, a while back now.
    Don't underestimate the standard arm capabilities, I have used a re-tipped Lyra Clavis. No distortion and no mis-tracking but on the limit for compliance compatibility.

The Lyra is resting now and I am using a Dynavector Karat Ruby, the detail retreival is astounding, best vinyl sound ever here.
    I love Hendrix for so many reasons. He was so much more than just a blues guitarist - he played damn well any kind of guitar he wanted. In fact I'm not sure if he even played the guitar - he played music. - Stevie Ray Vaughan

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345