+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: What's your Pi power?

I'm Barry.

Been using one of these for the past few weeks, very pleased.

https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/hifi-...a-p-11364.html

I'm Simon.

Grant read the listing it states current at all voltages.

Watts equals amps x volts, easy to work out.
    Kuzma Stabi/S 12", (LP12-bastard) DC motor and optical tacho psu, Benz LP, Paradise (phonostage). MB-Pro, Brooklyn dac and psu, Bruno Putzeys balanced pre, mod86p dual mono amps, Yamaha NS1000m

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by Bencat View Post
    Read this thread with great interest as I use Raspberry pi units for many of my players often with a Touch screen and Digi Hat . Really not wanting to spends hundreds as a soulutin so came across this and wondered if anyone else had used one .

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hi-Fi-25W...CM2:rk:30:pf:0
    ....Notice the listing says it has a noisy fan (perhaps not really ideal next to your Hi-Fi then).

In pigeon English it says if the fan bothers you - you can remove it - but then it might get very hot (sounds a bit dodgy to me).
    Adam.

I'm Richard.

Quote Originally Posted by Kit1cat View Post
    Been using one of these for the past few weeks, very pleased.

https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/hifi-...a-p-11364.html
    Any problems using this on 240v? Looks like it's only rated for 220v looking at the transformer.

I'm Bill.

Quote Originally Posted by richie60 View Post
    Any problems using this on 240v? Looks like it's only rated for 220v looking at the transformer.
    I think we are on 220v in the UK now
    Chord Mojo / Sennheiser HD600

I'm Grant.

no we aint... meant to be 230v nominal but most places it will be closer to 240v since we got ne tx fitted recently im usually 237/239v
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Barry.

Quote Originally Posted by richie60 View Post
    Running fine, to be honest did not take much notice of the stated voltage.

According to this link, it's within the tolerance.

https://www.leadsdirect.co.uk/knowle...opean-voltage/

I'm Grant.

gary checked his recently and was nearing 250v average, so unless you check over a period you wont know
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

My mains voltage is pretty stable around 247v

I'm Nick.

What are the chances that something like this: DC-DC Converter Step Down Module 12V to 5V 3A 15W USB Output Power Adapter https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01G8PZS..._S1xwCbD3D5NYE would work to power the Pi from a car battery?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    Hifi: Innuos Zen Mini MKIII > Fisual Hollywood Optical > Quad Vena II > Custom Clyde interconnects > TA Monoblocks > Tellurium Black > Reiver Millburn MK II (Custom super tweeters & TQ Black Jumpers).

Headphone Rig: MacBook Pro/Google CCA > Fisual Hollywood Optical > Beresford SEG > Custom Clyde interconnects > Beresford Capella > Sennheiser 700s

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast