+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: What's your Pi power?

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by smallangryboy View Post
    Ive heard some good word of mouth recommendations about the supplies from ReelAudio anyone else used them? Agree about the costs though, it's easy to spiral out and spend more on DIY than an off the shelf product.
    I have one of Pauls PSU's powering my Pi setup. Spendy - at least compared to the Chinese stuff on eBay - but wort it IMO for a hand-made device made locally by a highly experienced engineer, and thoroughly nice bloke too It has switchable grounding options, and variable output too, so has 'future-proofing' flexibility.

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by Bourneendboy View Post
    I'm currently using a Pi/Boss v1.2 with an Ifi Ipower connected to the USB C connector on the Boss which then feeds the Pi.

I'm contemplating pulling the trigger on a Longdog Audio Linear PSU, but have some reservations on whether this is likely to be a worthwhile and cost effective improvement on the Ifi.

Anyone in a similar situation who has gone this route?
    As coincidence would have it I have just replaced my ipower with a LDA LPS today.

Initial impressions are that it is much quieter than the Ipower which in turn was quieter than the stock wall plug.

Definitively,worth the money in my book....
    VPI Scout 1.1, Hana ML, Vanderveen MC10 SUT, WAD Phono3, Rpi3B+/Digione Signature, Xiang Sheng DAC-01, WAD KiT6550 and Reiver Edingdale SR

I'm Grant.

those ipower things worth it then? ive stopped using a battery as ive got in on all time so went back to the smps
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    those ipower things worth it then? ive stopped using a battery as ive got in on all time so went back to the smps
    I'm sure there's a review going about that coolers the iFi PSU to much costlier linear ones and the iFi comes out pretty good.

It might have been on Hans Beekhuyzens YouTube channel but I can't remember.

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Good value and definitely better than the SMPS with a more detailed sound but not as good as the LDA LPS...
    VPI Scout 1.1, Hana ML, Vanderveen MC10 SUT, WAD Phono3, Rpi3B+/Digione Signature, Xiang Sheng DAC-01, WAD KiT6550 and Reiver Edingdale SR

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by Hip Priest View Post
    I have one of Pauls PSU's powering my Pi setup. Spendy - at least compared to the Chinese stuff on eBay - but wort it IMO for a hand-made device made locally by a highly experienced engineer, and thoroughly nice bloke too It has switchable grounding options, and variable output too, so has 'future-proofing' flexibility.
    Thanks for the reply. I bought a cheap Chinese linear supply as a proof of concept compared to the standard wall plug and was very impressed for the money. I'm not sure I'd feel comfortable having it on 24/7 but that's probably an unwarranted concern. I've spoken to Paul and ordered a supply but I'm waiting for the enclosure before hooking everything up.

I'm Greg.

I use offcial RPi power supply with one, the other one hooked up to my main stereo is powered by a simple linear psu. I think I prefer the linear to the official smps. Still need to separate rpi and dac supplies.

I'm Andrew.

Read this thread with great interest as I use Raspberry pi units for many of my players often with a Touch screen and Digi Hat . Really not wanting to spends hundreds as a soulutin so came across this and wondered if anyone else had used one .

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hi-Fi-25W...CM2:rk:30:pf:0

I'm Bill.

I took delivery of a Longdog Audio PSU today. Just sat down for a proper listen now.
    Chord Mojo / Sennheiser HD600

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Bencat View Post
    Read this thread with great interest as I use Raspberry pi units for many of my players often with a Touch screen and Digi Hat . Really not wanting to spends hundreds as a soulutin so came across this and wondered if anyone else had used one .

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hi-Fi-25W...CM2:rk:30:pf:0
    Doesn't say the current
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast