Quote Originally Posted by rdpx View Post
The FT link was to an article from 2009 that was about how all of the economists who had been predicting the crash had been ignored or sidelined. I posted it in response to your declaration that nobody had predicted that crash, so why should we pay any attention now.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
I cancelled my FT subscription so was unable to get to the link, as I mentioned I am thinking of doing the same with The Economist.

At the time of the crash it was fairly clear there was a massive global housing bubble at the very least (I sold up end of 2006 - fortuitous location move as it happens, rather than foresight) but I elected not to buy in again till 2013 as I thought 2007 prices were utter madness - a gut feeling that was proved correct. Though few imagined the extent to which worthless mainly but not exclusively sub-prime US mortgages had been re-sold and securitised around the world, or the impact the bursting of the housing bubble would have.

People have been predicting chaos coming out of China in similar fashion, the same inidicators are flashing red and the Chinese central bank is working overtime to contain it (succesfully up till now) though once again I suspect it will take the world 'by surprise' and it's likely Trump will get the blame.